Link: AP voter has 3 SEC West teams ahead of Bama.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Correction - all polls. Human bias, jealousy, hatred, envy, etc will never go away. They're all a joke.
I get what you're saying, but I definitely think there's more skew with the AP than the Coaches Poll. Since there's literally no way for a human to design a computer program without providing the ranking parameters, there's also no way for computer polls to be without human bias, although it is generally more predictable once the software is set. I find computer polls to be useful for statistical research, trending, and shedding light on potentially over-ranked or under-ranked teams, but for the best blend of rankings based on factual results and intangibles, I still prefer the Coaches Poll.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
to be honest MSU and aTm have the better wins at this point. LSU and Arkansas are much better than UF. While I disagree with this guy, I kinda see what hes doing there. but again, it doesn't really matter we play MooState and aggieTmoo and mooU, so it will all be settled before its all over.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
All 3 of those teams have a road win against a ranked team. I'm not that upset.
I agree. It's not like he left us out of the top 10 or something. An argument could be made for those teams having better wins than we have at this point. As others have said, we will have our chances against those teams. This guy may be proven to be right, but I don't think he will.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Some of these guys vote based on resume. I have no issue with that. The rankings for the first 7-8 weeks don't really matter anyways. Why get upset over it? If we win the SEC, win the playoffs, I think we'll be number 1 no matter what our record is and no matter who votes what. Everything's gonna be all right. :)

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
People continue to say these have no bearing on who makes the playoffs, but they do affect how we perceive a team as to the quality of the opposition.

Just wait. At the end of the season, the top three teams in the AP poll will be in the playoffs, 99%.

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
Rankings don't even matter if you are in a BCS conference.

It's the FBS schools from those "other" conferences who get screwed. Look at 1998's Tulane. Undefeated... and ranked... 7th?

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
At least there is some visibility into what some of the AP voters are thinking. The coaches/SID poll has zero transparency, making it an even bigger sham.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.