Pick the score: Ole Miss vs. Alabama

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Hmmm let's see, what will happen...I'll say...

Amari comes back to Earth with 7 receptions for "only" 111 yds and a TD. OJH catches a short TD in the red zone and Christion Jones returns a punt for a score and, along with DeAndrew White, gets a TD through the air. That's right, Blake throws 4 TDs but only racks up 250 yards or so because the story of the game is what we do between the 20s. TJ, DH, and KD each go for 80+ yards and we possess the ball an amazing 40 minutes of the game. Our fresh defense flies around the field and it doesn't take long for Ole Miss to panic and start exclusively throwing the ball. We force five 3 and outs and rack up a Saban era best nine sacks, four of which belong to Jonathon Allen.

Total domination. Bama 38 Ole Miss 0

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Not close. 41-17.

No offense to anyone, but I'm wondering if those predicting noise as a factor have ever been to Oxford? Even when they're rowdy, it's not that loud. Small stadium, lots of mannered people who are also usually champagne-drunk. Get ahead by a couple scores and it's quieter than a church.

Last edited:

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
IMHO, Ole Miss jumps up on a quick TD on the first drive and get all geeked up. verne and gary go nuts talking about how this is a totally different Ole MIss team and Bama still has trouble with the HUNH. Bama puts together a long grind em up TD drive and Verne and Gary talk about the hot handed QB that is in Gary's five points to beating Alabama yadda yadda yadda. the Tide D steps up and holds OM to a three and out on their next drive and continue the trend of short to medium passes drive down the field and score another TD. after that it is all down hill for OM.

Tide 42
OM 10

and my favorite part of the game is listening to Gary and Verne get sick to their stomach after every Bama score and talking about how "we still don't know how good Alabama is because they have not played anybody"

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
IMHO, Ole Miss jumps up on a quick TD on the first drive and get all geeked up. verne and gary go nuts talking about how this is a totally different Ole MIss team and Bama still has trouble with the HUNH. Bama puts together a long grind em up TD drive and Verne and Gary talk about the hot handed QB that is in Gary's five points to beating Alabama yadda yadda yadda. the Tide D steps up and holds OM to a three and out on their next drive and continue the trend of short to medium passes drive down the field and score another TD. after that it is all down hill for OM.

Tide 42
OM 10

and my favorite part of the game is listening to Gary and Verne get sick to their stomach after every Bama score and talking about how "we still don't know how good Alabama is because they have not played anybody"
You pretty much summed up everything we will hear on Saturday. If there is one negative to being on TV all the time it is hearing the same stuff all the time. I would rather hear the same stuff than not see us on TV though.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Tide 42
OM 10

I personally have never sensed any negative bias from Verne and/or Gary towards Bama. In fact I would take them over any of the others. JMHO

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Everyone is great before we play them. Once we beat the stuffing out of them, the other team was just "not as good as we thought." And... when this happens in a National Championship game, we need to change the format so we can have two great teams play each other. Ever notice that? ;)

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
They'll be all jacked up after game day is in the grove, ho-hum, then Bama will methodically kill their little mint julip infused buzz for a 34-13 spanking, ...once again.

P.S. The Grove is overrated.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Alabama 34
Ole Miss 16

This reminds me of Bama/Arkansas 2010 when it was Arkansas who had their "biggest home game ever" against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.