CBS uses it's 6 day exemption on Week 7 games (Bama-Arky)

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I posted a while back, wondering about the time of the game, as, up here, it's Canadian Thanksgiving [or, as I tell people, Columbus Day] which means I have to book flights to go visit my family in Toronto.

Naturally, the flight I booked will, no doubt, end up being smack in the middle of the eventual game time...

GRRRRRRR
Fwiw, I had to be on a plane during the Florida game. Tip of the cap to Swa and Dish, didn't miss a down.....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Awesome..I hope Bama-LSWho plays the night game..I may be in the minority, but, I love Bama playing night games, after watching other games all day long, the best way to end a great day of watching college football..Is to watch Bama play to end the day perfectly..
Over the years, we've played very well in BR at night...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly & I agree 100% with as always Earle..I've always thought our Boys plays better at night than the 2:30 CBS time slot..It feels like we're out of sync when we're televised by CBS or something..Seems like we always start off slow & finally gets things cranked up in the 2nd half..
Over the years, we've played very well in BR at night...

CrimsonTsunami

Scout Team
Jan 27, 2010
Birmingham
Probably......
wonder if they'd be more likely to put us in that noon slot next week with au and Mississippi State at 3:30.
Even if Alabama wins this Saturday I can't see CBS putting us in the 3:30 slot for 4 of 5 weekends. That would be unprecedented.
Lol they did it in 2005. South Carolina (CBS), Florida (CBS), Ole Miss (CBS), Tennessee (CBS), Miss State (CBS), LSU (CBS), Auburn (CBS)

7 games on CBS!
In 1999, CBS broadcast four consecutive Bama games in five weeks (bye week sandwiched in between): #14 Arkansas, @ #3 Florida, @ #22 Ole Miss, #5 Tennessee.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
So, does this mean we have the 11am game or are we booted to another network due to our loss today?
I hope we are on another network. I HATE CBS announcers.... If I didn't rewind and fast fwd plays during the game, I would try to sync up with Eli, but i'm too fidgity with the remote.... (trying to make the refs see what I see don't ya know)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.