CBS uses it's 6 day exemption on Week 7 games (Bama-Arky)

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
https://twitter.com/CecilHurt/status/516614312967024642

Cecil Hurt said:
No Alabama-Arkansas game time announcement until Sunday as CBS will take its six-day exemption to ponder its options.
I can understand them using here. A lot of good games are that week.

http://www.secsports.com/schedule/football/week/7

Sat, Oct 11 TBD # 3 Alabama at Arkansas
Sat, Oct 11 TBD # 15 LSU at Florida
Sat, Oct 11 TBD Louisiana-Monroe at Kentucky
Sat, Oct 11 TBD # 11 Ole Miss at # 6 Texas A&M
Sat, Oct 11 TBD # 5 Auburn at # 12 Mississippi State
Sat, Oct 11 TBD # 13 Georgia at # 24 Missouri
Sat, Oct 11 TBD Chattanooga at Tennessee
Sat, Oct 11 TBD Charleston Southern at Vanderbilt

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I believe that is the first of CBS' two double headers this season, too. They will have two solid games no matter the result of this weekend.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I would think Auburn/Miss St game would be more appealing. Two highly ranked teams compared to a ranked and unranked team playing.
Of course, it depends on this week....

if MSU beats aTm and Awburn beats LSU, a Awburn/State game would be my pick for 2:30. But if aTm beats State, it would bump it to 3rd and a Bama/Arky game to 1st/2nd.

UGA/Mizzou will go a long way to determining the East, so it would be my pick for the 2nd (or the early game) of the double header.

The OM/aTm looks appealing....today....but it wont after we throttle them.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
What a smorgasbord of games with great matchups. Great if you're a college football junkie like me. I may have to use all three of my flatscreen TV's that day.:biggrin:

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Do you guys think we'll have the 2:30 CBS slot as well for the A&M game?
Probably......
wonder if they'd be more likely to put us in that noon slot next week with au and Mississippi State at 3:30.
Even if Alabama wins this Saturday I can't see CBS putting us in the 3:30 slot for 4 of 5 weekends. That would be unprecedented.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
It reminds me why this is my favorite time of the year. With the summer heat and the growing season winding down, it's time to watch some good football.
Amen, Chukker...

Just saw a post from a fellow Bama fan on Twitter saying that, as happy as she is that college football has finally started, she's ready to watch some basketball...

I was about to go up one of her, and down the other.

But then I looked at her pic again, reminded myself of how cute she is, and let her off easy...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I posted a while back, wondering about the time of the game, as, up here, it's Canadian Thanksgiving [or, as I tell people, Columbus Day] which means I have to book flights to go visit my family in Toronto.

Naturally, the flight I booked will, no doubt, end up being smack in the middle of the eventual game time...

GRRRRRRR

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Awesome..I hope Bama-LSWho plays the night game..I may be in the minority, but, I love Bama playing night games, after watching other games all day long, the best way to end a great day of watching college football..Is to watch Bama play to end the day perfectly..

No, the CBS night game is Bama-LSU or atm-barn.

Alabama at LSU or Texas A&M at Auburn7:00 p.m.CBS / CBS Video (tentative)

http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Probably......
wonder if they'd be more likely to put us in that noon slot next week with au and Mississippi State at 3:30.
Even if Alabama wins this Saturday I can't see CBS putting us in the 3:30 slot for 4 of 5 weekends. That would be unprecedented.
Lol they did it in 2005. South Carolina (CBS), Florida (CBS), Ole Miss (CBS), Tennessee (CBS), Miss State (CBS), LSU (CBS), Auburn (CBS)

7 games on CBS!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.