Our defensive line against OM's offensive line?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I can't wait until JessN's article comes out so lets get this ball rolling. How does our D-Line stack up against their O-Line? All I've heard is how much of a test their Dline is going to give our OL. But our DL isn't chopped liver. Are there some mismatches that we'll be able to exploit?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Me too. I think Ole miss will come out firing passes mostly short... just to move the chain down the field. I think we'll be blitizing a lot from the corner to force Bo to go up the the pocket where he'll meed reed, ivory, or Ragland on the play.

I can't wait until JessN's article comes out so lets get this ball rolling. How does our D-Line stack up against their O-Line? All I've heard is how much of a test their Dline is going to give our OL. But our DL isn't chopped liver. Are there some mismatches that we'll be able to exploit?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't believe they are as good up front as Florida is.
Hope you're right. I can't wait to see what JessN has to say about the matchup. I just don't think our Dline is getting much credit in this game. We've got some guys up front that can get after it and I'm thinking they're gonna really get after "Bo"-ldie locks this weekend.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Hope you're right. I can't wait to see what JessN has to say about the matchup. I just don't think our Dline is getting much credit in this game. We've got some guys up front that can get after it and I'm thinking they're gonna really get after "Bo"-ldie locks this weekend.
Well I just saw where Coach Saban says they are the best defense we've faced so far, so, I'm probably wrong.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
That score against Memphis was deceiving in a couple of ways. On the one hand, it was 7-3 in the 4th quarter and the Tigers D just finally ran out of gas. Memphis' O never had a drive over 2 minutes, which kept the D on the field the entire game. The Rebel O tacked on 14 points in the final nine minutes of the game against a D that was obviously just worn completely out. Bama's D will NOT get worn completely out by the 4th quarter. Big difference in talent and depth between Memphis and Bama.

On the other hand, it looked like it could have been 24-3 in the first half if not for turnovers, mistakes and just poor decisions by Ole Miss. But it wasn't . . .

Taking out the 4th quarter stats -- since Memphis was obviously gassed in the 4th --- through 3 quarters Ole Miss ran the ball 31 times for 108 yards (3.5 ypc). They threw the ball 31 times, completing 18 for 204 yards, with an INT and a TD. An average of 11.3 ypc. I think it stands to reason that Bama's D is eons better than Memphis' D.

I'm quite sure that we'll get a much more focused Ole Miss team this week than Memphis got last week; but make no mistake . . . there are a lot of connections between Memphis and Ole Miss (proximity of schools, many Rebel alumni in Memphis, Freeze coached HS ball in Memphis and applied, but did not get an interview for the Tiger Football job previously). Ole Miss has always taken great pride in rubbing "Tiger High's" face in the dirt. They struggled to do that. Period.

I think our D line will be able to affect this game. Wallace is not exactly cool as a cucumber under pressure. And Memphis proved that the Rebels are struggling on offense.

Crimsissippi

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 11, 2014
Oxford or Ocean Springs, MS
Ole Miss' offensive line isn't very good at this point TBH. You can definitely expect them to come out firing screen passes and high percentage throws to try and get Bo in rhythm, and to try and open up the run game.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I have read a few articles stating that miss off line is average in the sec. bo Wallace had to make early decisions, and roll out a lot to get time to pass. they have survived on 4th quarter heroics. remember boise state even game till end of 3d quarter. Memphis close till late second half. I don't think that will work against bama however, their defense is suppose to be a very aggressive defense def line, and a strong secondary. we need to start early, and control the time on the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.