Ole Miss Game Week Practice Reports and Media Appearances

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban's game week Monday press conference starts at noon.

Game info if you need it:
Kickoff -- 2:30 (central)
Channel -- CBS
Gameday will be on the Grove

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Nick Saban: I don't know the answer to whether it was an advantage of a disadvantage to have a bye week before this game.
Nick Saban: DeAndrew White will be the only guy limited in practice today. He's day-to-day.
Saban: DeAndrew White the only player who will be limited in practice today. Day-to-Day. “May be able to play some role in this game."
Saban: Blake Sims was able to throw the ball some at end of last week. We feel like he's OK and is ready to practice and ready to go.
Saban: Playing teams like Ole Miss, there are a lot of huge challenges. The biggest challenge is their team and the quality of their team.
Saban calls Ole Miss "best defensive team we've played all year, best team we've played all year."
Saban: Their defense is really aggressive and fast. Best defense (and team) we've played all year.
Saban: Playing on the road makes a lot of things a lot more difficult. Preparation is a key in a game like this.
Saban: Ole Miss has a "ball-hawking" secondary.
Saban: "Ole Miss has played extremely well in all phases of the game to start the season."
Saban: Eddie Jackson worked ‘quite a bit last week.’ Said “he’s getting there."
Saban on Eddie Jackson: We're going to give him more opportunities in practice and see where that goes. Tony Brown played well.
Saban: Eddie Jackson and Tony Brown will probably compete at cornerback for the rest of the week. Will decide on a starter later.
Saban on power of SEC West: It's always been that way to some degree. Even more so this season.
Nick Saban is talking about the Bucs getting blow out, then coming back this week. Also talks about BC beating USC, losing to CSU
Saban: Teams that play with most consistency and improve through season will have best chance to win SEC West.
Saban: "The leadership of Bo Wallace is important to that team. They've made a lot of explosive plays downfield."
Saban on Bo Wallace being a third year starter "Experience is something you can't instill."
Saban talking about Jarrick Williams and Dominick Jackson: Just because they're healthy doesn't mean they're reading to play.
Bama DB Jarrick Williams is “coming along,” per Saban, who says that just because someone’s healthy doesn’t mean they’re ready to play.
Saban: "Physically, Jarrick Williams and Dominick Jackson are able to play, but they need more practice reps."
Saban on #OleMiss defense "Their quickness is an advantage for them and has given us a problem in the past."
Saban: "Ole Miss has 9 starters back in defense, and they take away what you do best."
Saban on Ole Miss defense: It all goes back to their quickness, stunts and the pressures they get.
Saban: "We've played more guys on the defensive line this year. We'd like to do that at other positions on defense as well."
Saban: "We've been able to control the ball on offense, and that has helped us tremendously on defense."
Saban on Sims' respect from his teammates: "If you watch the games, you sort of see that."
Saban on Blake Sims' leadership: "I do think there's a chemistry there" with offensive teammates.
Saban: "Our offense responds to whatever QB we put in, but there is a chemistry Blake Sims adds to this team."
Saban on Blake Sims' first true road start: Have to get him ready for the noise factor: silent counts, etc.
Saban on Treadwell: He's got a big catch radius, can get in and out of breaks, a physical blocker. He's the complete package.
Saban: It's difficult to get the cornerbacks lined up against a no-huddle team if you put "a guy on a guy," have a DB follow a certain WR
Saban on AGriffith "Even keel. Not real emotional. A kicker is a lot like your golf swing. Got to stay in a rhythm. Has a good disposition"
Saban: The defense likely won't be able to match a CB up w/ Laquon Treadwell because of Ole Miss' pace of play. CB on him must perform well
Nick Saban finishes his press conference with a minute-plus monologue about consistency in kicking and punting.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Collins: the competition is always great against ole miss. Everyone busting their tail to get the W
Collins: Treadwell is explosive. He can be a game changer, we're not gonna turn our backs on him
Collins on going to ole miss: we're expecting the unexpected.
Collins: we've read what they've(ole miss) has said. We're just gonna show them who's gonna come out with the W
Collins: (I'm) very comfortable playing against this kind of offense now.
Alabama safety Landon Collins asked if he's read/heard what Ole Miss players have been saying: "(Laughs) Definitely."
Collins: I was watching the (a&m-Arkansas) game. It's crazy what kind of season this is gonna be (in the SEC west)
Landon Collins not biting on Cody Prewitt’s comments about Alabama not being as good this year. “We’re going to play our best game."

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama center Ryan Kelly: "When you run on the field to 100,000 boos, that's what you come to Alabama for."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama QB Blake Sims didn't throw during media's viewing period of today's practice.Tony Brown and Cyrus Jones were the CBs w/ 1st team D.
Leon Brown practiced at right guard with the first team and Dominick Jackson was at right tackle with the second team.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's concerning me a bit that Blake's on a pitch count and Deandrew's limited.
Yea me to about Blake. I bet we will try to lean on our running game more because it doesn't sound like he is 100%. If he is 100% I have no doubt about winning. If he isn't..

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Me thinks this may have a lot to do with the low betting line coming out of the desert as well ... hoping this is not the case tho.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It's concerning me a bit that Blake's on a pitch count and Deandrew's limited.
There is nothing to be concerned about. They are easing him in this week. He should be throwing Thursday with no issues.
Yea me to about Blake. I bet we will try to lean on our running game more because it doesn't sound like he is 100%. If he is 100% I have no doubt about winning. If he isn't..

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Does anyone see or defense playing with one less LB and adding a Perry or Williams to lessen the mismatch between our everyday LBs and UofM TE Engram? More of a 4-2-5 set.

Since they are not so much a power running team so they aren't likely pound us with one less large body in our defense.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I doubt it. if we do that, Ole Miss will smell that coming miles away.
Does anyone see or defense playing with one less LB and adding a Perry or Williams to lessen the mismatch between our everyday LBs and UofM TE Engram? More of a 4-2-5 set.

Since they are not so much a power running team so they aren't likely pound us with one less large body in our defense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.