Ole Miss Game Week Practice Reports and Media Appearances

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
On SEC call, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze says possibility of turnovers will affect his play-calling in hopes of trying to "minimize the risk"

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
On SEC call, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze says possibility of turnovers will affect his play-calling in hopes of trying to "minimize the risk"
Yeah, and give away any shot they have of winning? I don't think so.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Either he's trying to play Saban and Alabama, or he's going to be overly conservative and lose the game.
He's not going to have a choice other than to put the ball in Bo Wallace's hands. Their little scat backs aren't going to be able to sustain a running attack against us..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Thanks for the report. I don't think Eddie Jackson and Tony Brown should be "competing" against each other. I think they should be our two starting corners. One on one side, and one on the other.
sip

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban opens with "We've had a good week. We had a good day today." Said team went inside for practice today to simulate noise.
Saban: "We've had a good week. We practiced inside to get the players used to the noise they'll hear in Oxford."
Nick Saban: Just another step in our team trying to create an identity for ourselves.
Saban: "Anytime you play on the road you have to play through adversity."
Saban: RB Tyren Jones tore a tendon in his finger that required surgery. Out for "several weeks."
Saban says OL Grant Hill "is ill" and has missed practice because of illness. Team trying to help him get well.
Saban: Eddie Jackson and Tony Brown battling at CB "is still playing out. It's not done. It's incomplete."
Saban: "These type of teams do a really good job running on the outside. Statistics distort how well they run due to short passes."
Saban: "Progressively, I think our defense is playing better and better. This will be our biggest challenge."
Saban: Ole Miss is the biggest challenge the defense has faced yet. We're not where we want to be yet on defense.
Saban: "We haven't played a significant pass rusher all year. Protection will be key for this game."
Saban: "I don't want to take away from our accomplishments, but it's about to get much tougher."
Saban on 3rd down efficiency: I don't think we've played against a significant rusher all yr. Said pass rushers going forward will be better
Saban: Blake Sims hasn't had any issues or problems throwing the ball (shoulder). No discomfort after practice.
Saban: “Blake is fine, he’s done well. … Looks like his old self, I wouldn’t know that he was hurt.” Hasn’t had any discomfort doing it.
Saban on QB Blake Sims: "I would not know that he was ever hurt."

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.