Recommended Dining In Tuscaloosa

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Got a friend coming to town and he wants to know what places are recommended "don't miss" eats in Tuscaloosa. And if anyone else knows anywhere, he's also going to be in Starkville and Oxford, MS - so if you know places there, list them as well.

Thx.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
In Starkville - Stromboli's

On the way out of Starkville, go to Anthony's Market on Main Street in West Point.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I usually go to the Full Moon BBQ and get a rib plate if I have time to stop in Tuscaloosa. I drove through four to six times a year and get to stop once or twice.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I'd add Baumhower's Wings in TTown; nice pics of Bama football history around on the walls.

The local MSU types swear by Little Dewey's in Starkville for BBQ. We went once, & it's pretty good.

I know more about the Oxford eateries since exiled, jr. lived up there during pharmacy school & we visited many times.
--Volta's (Greek/Mediterranean)
--Ajax (Meat & three type place that's really good; also, it's located on the square & thus easy to find.)
--Big Bad Breakfast
--Bottletree Bakery (mrs. exiled's & my fave; pastries, bkfst, etc.; think "hippies who cook really well" :) )
--Boure ("Boo-ray" basically); good eats, also right on the square
--City Grocery (higher-end, locally sourced, high-quality eats; again, right on the square)
--Proud Larry's (a block off the square toward campus; casual, but good)
--Old Taylor Grocery (a few miles out of town; _very_ popular. think "catfish house")
Our 3 go-tos are Bottletree for breakfast, Volta's, and Old Taylor Grocery. FWIW, Big Bad Bkfst, and I believe Boure and City Grocery are run by the regional fave chef John something-or-other; he's a known quantity in foodie-world.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.