I don't think there's any chance Hoke can survive 'The Shane Morris Incident'...

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Last edited:

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Hoke may last till the Michigan State game, but I expect Sparty to beat UM like they stole something and to the extent he has any supporters left, they won't be enough. My guess is they lose the last six in a row.

They are having trouble putting butts in the seats, which is sadly more of an issue than whether you put a kid out there that has no business being out there. (Hoke is lucky that Shane is not my kid, cause my wife would have probably marched down to the field and beat him with a spare helmet.)

Not sure why JH would leave the NFL and go to UM. I'd guess there are at least two or three NFL teams that would prefer to have him over their current coach. Wonder if miles still wants that job?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you read past the headline, the article says "probable" mild concussion. Jake Coker was "probably" going to be our starting QB this season, too. I was looking for something a little more definative that "probable".
I have not seen anything more difinitive, but does that really matter? He suffers from concussion like symptoms after receiving a severe head shot. If it looks like a duck...

FWIW, cigarettes have not difinitively been proven to cause cancer. Smoke if you wish.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Coach Hoke says he doesn't hear the boos from the stands. So, he can't hear.

Apparently, he did not see the hit his QB took and the resulting behavior of his QB after that play. So, I guess he can't see either.

So, he can't hear and he can't see! Coach Hoke, it's time to go!

He does seem oblivious to what is occurring with his team. That's the only word that I can think of to describe his behavior.

He seemed to win with players recruited by someone else, but can't seem to win with his recruits.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the AD's office. He needs to go also.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
If you read past the headline, the article says "probable" mild concussion. Jake Coker was "probably" going to be our starting QB this season, too. I was looking for something a little more definative that "probable".

I'm guessing it was the determination of a radiologist. There is no such thing as a certainty in radiology as best I can tell...

"Probable concussion, but cannot rule out malignancy. Clinical correlation is needed. Consider further imaging studies."

By the way, does anyone know a radiologist's favorite plant?

It's a hedge...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I'm having a tough time separating fact from fiction in this story. Does the guy actually have a concussion? The closest I can find is the ESPN article that "the team neurologist noticed the symptoms of a concussion", but he didn't take any action that is mentioned. The MGOBlog hatchet piece avoids the subject entirely. Just based on the film, I don't know that this would even be a story without the talking heads playing it up on air.

That said, I always thought Billy Bob Thornton got a raw deal in Friday Night Lights. Looks like Hoke is toast...
Not trying to Pile on here, but fact/fiction, talking heads, whatever. This time it isn't just a media fabrication .Bottom line is there was a failure of the system at Michigan. They have to protect the kids , and any hint of a problem, he needed to be pulled and evaluated. The sideline neurologist said he wanted to evaluate the kid after the hit but was unable . The system failed. Especially in light of all we now know about CTE, dementia , TBI's and the like, that is unacceptable.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I'm guessing it was the determination of a radiologist. There is no such thing as a certainty in radiology as best I can tell...
Thanks! The "probable mild concussion" line sounded a bit too hesitant to give it much weight, but doctors covering their butts is much more plausible, especially given the amount of hysterical press devoted to head trauma these days.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
As I stated in another thread Sunday, he should have been fired then. I have no medical training but it was obvious to me he was concussed. How it was lost on everyone else around him, people who are responsible for player health is down right scary.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Michigan Reportedly Interviewed Sumlin In 2010/2011 Search

On today's edition of Fox Sports' "The Audible" podcast with Fox Sports writers Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel, Feldman shared a piece of information that was never reported publicly revolving around Michigan's last coaching search that netted them current head man Brady Hoke.

"At this point I think I should point something out when we're talking about Brady Hoke and coming from San Diego State," Feldman said. "I don't know how many people know this, but when Dave Brandon was interviewing to replace Rich Rodriguez, one of the guys he interviewed was (current Texas A&M coach) Kevin Sumlin. He (Brandon) turned down Sumlin and ended up taking Brady Hoke, the Michigan guy."

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Not sure why JH would leave the NFL and go to UM. I'd guess there are at least two or three NFL teams that would prefer to have him over their current coach. Wonder if miles still wants that job?
Mullen if Le Smiles doesn't - and on the first whistle-stop opportunity out of Starkville (11 wins, maybe 10 would get him there).

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Hoke has royally screwed himself over. His determination to salvage his job at any cost has now guaranteed that his job is lost, and he has virtually made himself unemployable anywhere else. No team is going to hire a head coach who has so little regard for his players health and safety, especially in an Era where concussions are such a hot topic. His best chance to resign his position and take a job as an analyst somewhere until this blows over.
I can't see him as an analyst, considering he has combined a face-for-radio with a voice-for-print...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

"Probable concussion, but cannot rule out malignancy. Clinical correlation is needed. Consider further imaging studies."

By the way, does anyone know a radiologist's favorite plant?

It's a hedge...
You sure you're not a radiologist in another life? Lol

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Can anything be done post game to discipline the Minnesota player who obviously was head hunting. Also the officials should be disciplined for missing the most obvious targeting hit Ihave seen since the rule was implemented.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Can anything be done post game to discipline the Minnesota player who obviously was head hunting. Also the officials should be disciplined for missing the most obvious targeting hit Ihave seen since the rule was implemented.
I've not been known to have the best vision, and I don't know all the ins and outs of the targeting rule. Regardless, I saw the tackler hit the QB in the chest with his shoulder. The QB's head snapped forward, and then the back of the head violently struck the turf at the end of the tackle. Personally, I didn't see the tackler contact the QB's head, and I never saw the tackler's helmet contact the QB. I guess it's targeting if the chest is considered the shoulders or neck. Nevertheless, it looked like a textbook clean hit to me.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.