I don't think there's any chance Hoke can survive 'The Shane Morris Incident'...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've not been known to have the best vision, and I don't know all the ins and outs of the targeting rule. Regardless, I saw the tackler hit the QB in the chest with his shoulder. The QB's head snapped forward, and then the back of the head violently struck the turf at the end of the tackle. Personally, I didn't see the tackler contact the QB's head, and I never saw the tackler's helmet contact the QB. I guess it's targeting if the chest is considered the shoulders or neck. Nevertheless, it looked like a textbook clean hit to me.
Yah, this one is textbook targeting, maybe time to get the ol' peepers checked...

Attachments

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If Hoke goes during the season, who will be the Interim Head Coach? The Defensive Coordinator or Coach Nuss?

Looks like Michigan students, et al are protesting as we write/speak.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Looks like Brandon is in trouble: http://espn.go.com/college-football...don-coach-brady-hoke-wake-shane-morris-injury

Students and alumni upset with the Michigan athletic department's mishandling of a football player's head injury are planning an on-campus rally Tuesday night to call for athletic director Dave Brandon's resignation.

The rally, coordinated by users who visit mgoblog.com and its message boards, is scheduled to begin on campus at 6 p.m. In addition, more than 6,400 students, staff members and alumni had signed an online petition -- created by a graduate student -- calling for Brandon's resignation as of 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
And here's a shot of the defender's helmet literally hitting him in the jaw:

It is curious why it wasn't called given the official staring down the play. Anyway, still doesn't look like textbook targeting to me. The tackler did not initiate contact around the head, neck, or shoulders in my opinion. And yes, I've watched the replay of the tackle several times. Looks to me that initial contact was made in the breast area.

However, given all the drama over the hit and how the QB was handled by the Michigan staff, I won't be surprised when the B1G issues an after-the-fact statement declaring that the tackle constituted targeting.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It is curious why it wasn't called given the official staring down the play.
Indeed, there was quite an uproar amongst the fans. No different than any other game any other weekend - calls are missed.

Anyway, still doesn't look like textbook targeting to me. The tackler did not initiate contact around the head, neck, or shoulders in my opinion. And yes, I've watched the replay of the tackle several times. Looks to me that initial contact was made in the breast area.
Agree to disagree - watching the reply his head snaps back before any part of his body moves, and I've never heard of someone being concussed from a who tot he chest - but I guess you can see what you want.

I won't be surprised when the B1G issues an after-the-fact statement declaring that the tackle constituted targeting.
That would be the right call.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Indeed, there was quite an uproar amongst the fans. No different than any other game any other weekend - calls are missed.

Agree to disagree - watching the reply his head snaps back before any part of his body moves, and I've never heard of someone being concussed from a who tot he chest - but I guess you can see what you want.

That would be the right call.
It's not unusual for concussions to occur when the back of the head contacts the ground. In this case, the QB's head hit the ground pretty violently.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
The medical staff did not tell Hoke that the kid could not go back in the game. To quote an old movie classic, "what we have here is failure to communicate." Hoke will be fired but IMO, it will be over the number of L's he has and not this incident.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's not unusual for concussions to occur when the back of the head contacts the ground. In this case, the QB's head hit the ground pretty violently.
Nope, he fell on his left shoulder and rolled.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, I think it's very obviously targeting and you seem to be willing to ignore the actual video evidence which plainly shows the defensive player launching into his chin (along with his falling not directly backwards, but to his side) in order to justify your position.

We'll call it a draw.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
The way LSU is playing you would think led miles already had his bags packed.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Nope, he fell on his left shoulder and rolled.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, I think it's very obviously targeting and you seem to be willing to ignore the actual video evidence which plainly shows the defensive player launching into his chin (along with his falling not directly backwards, but to his side) in order to justify your position.

We'll call it a draw.
My position is formed from viewing the video evidence, nothing else. I did not form my opinion before watching the video.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I've been expecting to see him fired for days now based just on his record and the eye test of how bad Mich looks under his guidance. I mean they are some kind of inept and the players' body language is just awful. They are just about to pull a 'Bama 2000' and quit on the HC. I'm sure most of us remember how that team looked.

But with this story of negligence with a player's health and well being from a concussion gaining momentum I'm flat shocked that Mich hasn't already pulled the trigger?? They look real bad right now imo.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
My position is formed from viewing the video evidence, nothing else. I did not form my opinion before watching the video.
It was clearly targeting and I don't know how anyone can see it differently. The tacklers helmet contacted the face mask of the QB thus snapping his head back.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I hated what happened to Morris cause those concussions can be life threatening..Seems like Shula when he was our HC took a lot of criticism for playing Brodie when he was hurt as well, if memory serves me right, I think Brodie had hurt ribs or something like that & couldn't even lift his arm to throw the ball hardly..If I'm mistaken please correct me..

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Hoke is not to blame IMO. The medical staff and about 12 other people are way more at fault than the HC for this particular issue.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.