I don't think there's any chance Hoke can survive 'The Shane Morris Incident'...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Michigan were winning, say at a level to contend for the Final Four playoff, the Morris incident would be a minor footnote, garnering little or no notice.
I agree 100%, and I am sure that just about everyone on this board does.. He is trying to do things the Michigan way, If/when he is fired, it will be for his record on the field, not for this. This may be used as an excuse to make the move before they would normally do so, but not much more.

All that said, it would still be noticed. In this era, things like this don't go away until something else really bad happens. Right now Michigan is hoping someone else messes up soon so this fades away.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Have a hard time seeing David Brandon surviving this.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/dave-brandon-sends-snarky-email-back-alum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An update about this e-mail. Link

A few weeks ago, one of our users posted a fuzzy picture of an email purporting to be from one David Brandon:

We were already trying to confirm or dis-confirm the authenticity of this when Keith Olbermann's show presented it as a fact we're reporting. At that point we had to either confirm it or repudiate it. We've done our best to do so.

We are now reporting this is authentic.

This kind of thing is of course forgeable, but I let it stand because it felt like something Brandon would do. I know this because over the past few years about two dozen people have forwarded me conversations with Brandon ranging from polite enough to the above.

While the message board thread had a number of details off due to the hand-me-down nature of the information, Ace tracked down the original source of the emails, confirmed his identity over the phone and on Facebook, and got the original. I believe this to be real.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I agree 100%, and I am sure that just about everyone on this board does.. He is trying to do things the Michigan way, If/when he is fired, it will be for his record on the field, not for this. This may be used as an excuse to make the move before they would normally do so, but not much more.

All that said, it would still be noticed. In this era, things like this don't go away until something else really bad happens. Right now Michigan is hoping someone else messes up soon so this fades away.
I don't know, to me , the Shane Morris incident is more egregious . A young man's health May have been in jeopardy and you have to err on the side of caution. But ultimately, his won/ loss record and the shenanigans at Mich. St will get him fired. He is fired, just hasn't been told.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Michigan is going to hold a press conference about Brandon today. Link

The University of Michigan will hold a news conference this afternoon to discuss athletic director Dave Brandon's future, multiple sources told the Free Press.

The sources – all with first-hand knowledge of plans – said they were not at liberty to disclose what will be announced. They did not want to be identified because they were not authorized to talk publicly about the situation.

U-M spokesman Rick Fitzgerald declined to comment when asked whether a news conference would be held.
@McMurphyESPN Dave Brandon is resigning as Michigan’s AD, source told @ESPN. Press conference this afternoon

Last edited:

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
And the college football world rejoiced as a one of college football's great traditional football programs has shed it's business first, everyone else second AD. From what I've read, he spared no one and nothing when it came to destroying football as enjoyable event for fans, alumni, and most of all students. I'm glad to see he's gone, since if his management style succeeded at Michigan it would be copied in every stadium across the country.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I wish Brandon the best. Michigan wouldn't be where they are today without him. Thank you Dave Brandon. Hopefully there'll be an AD job opening for you at Auburn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.