I don't think there's any chance Hoke can survive 'The Shane Morris Incident'...

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
What you talking 'bout? He wanted to keep playing, just because he weren't of no sound mind don't mean he can't make up his own mind.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
To leave a player in the game after this, then put him back in is inexplicable. Hoke is either an idiot, or a despicable human being. I don't think he can survive this one...

http://mgoblog.com/content/shane-morris-incident
Not only should he be fired, he shouldn't be allowed to coach anymore. He put Morris' health at risk. Even if it was unintentional, it was negligent, and that's no excuse...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Did he and Mike Leach compare notes? Just crazy what some coaches think is ok. :conf2:
Completely different situations. Read the book The System, and you'll see Leach was made out to be much worse than the actual situation. We can thank Craig James for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Completely different situations. Read the book The System, and you'll see Leach was made out to be much worse than the actual situation. We can thank Craig James for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thanks, I will look into that. Sounds interesting.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
As if UM's on-field performance wasn't enough to warrant letting him go, now this?

Wow. Gotta be tough being a Wolverine fan right now! Good news is they're a titan, and should be able to find a good coach and get back on their feet and competing sooner rather than later.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hoke has never been accused of putting his players at risk before. He may be an idiot, and he might want to consider wearing a headset on the sidelines, but he is not a villain.

To the OP's question - Does Hoke get fired for this?

At 1am the Michigan AD released a statement in which he supports Hoke. He directly contradicted several things that Hoke said in his Monday presser. One contradiction - Hoke said that Morris did not suffer a concussion and that the only thing holding him out of Monday's practice was his injured ankle (he suffered a high ankle sprain earlier in the game. Hoke said that Morris told him that he almost fell over when caught by the o-lineman because of his ankle, not a head injury.

In his statement, Brandon said that Morris has a mild concussion and that there was miscommunication between the medical staff and the coaches. What Brandon says seems plausible, but why would Hoke still not know about the concussion on Monday afternoon? These two bumbling buffoons deserve one another, and I can only hope that they stay at Michigan for a long, long time. :biggrin2:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Brady Hoke appears unsupported by Michigan AD Dave Brandon in wake of Shane Morris situation

Apparently the AD is hanging Brady out to dry. I expect him to be gone after the OSU game, if not before then.
Brandon shared rsponsibility for the communication breakdown. He did not throw Hoke under the bus as that author suggests. From Brandon:
Brandon says the responsibility for the "health and safety" of Michigan's student-athletes ultimately "resides with each team's coach and with me, as Director of Athletics."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I want to add one other thing - it appears that the athletic department worked with the medical staff in an investigation of the incident, but that the coaching staff was not a part of that investigation. During the investigation it became clear that Morris was officially diagnosed with a mild concussion on Sunday. Hoke was still unaware of that diagnosis on Monday. All of that - every bit of it - is crazy. Their problems start a lot higher than Hoke. I am just glad that Morris didn't take another hit to the head when he came back in for that play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.