Former Alabama RB Santonio Beard Arrested in Tuscaloosa

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: Former Bama player arrested in Tuscaloosa

Effortless runner, loads of talent. Straighten your life up SB.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I guess when you have a group of over a hundred young men, year after year, you will have one that will make poor choices every once in a while. I hate it for him, he could have done better.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Dang. Dangdangdangdangdang. I hope you come through better on the other side, Santonio, but you'll have to let the truth sink in. Pulling for you, though.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Luxury Bamboo sheets only $24. What a deal.

Seriously, I remember him and am disappointed to read this.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Nothing surprising at all here, I'm afraid. It was legal troubles (among other things) that caused him to wash out of professional football so quickly, and he has been arrested many times over the years, mostly for drug possession/sale, and he's also had a domestic violence arrest or two. Looks like this arrest is once again for the sale of drugs -- TPD arrested him five or six years back for the sale of cocaine to an undercover cop -- and depending on the quantity he may possibly be looking at a lengthy prison sentence.

Sad story, but it's been that for a while, too. Very, very talented guy, and someone who could (and should) have played a long time in the NFL. He was one of those guys who could have been as good as he wanted to be, but unfortunately he's also a poster boy for why that phrase isn't used as a compliment.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I was at the game when he ran for 5 TD's against an Eli Manning led Ole Miss team. One of my favorite RB's. :(

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I wonder if he felt the need to sell the stuff to finish his dream of buying his Bentley -- ?

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

Speaking of poor choices, anyone know where Sherman Williams is today? He got sentenced to distributing over 1000 lb of marijuana in Mobile back in 2000. Last I can find he was enjoying jail, according to an article in the Dallas paper, but that was from 2006.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Speaking of poor choices, anyone know where Sherman Williams is today? He got sentenced to distributing over 1000 lb of marijuana in Mobile back in 2000. Last I can find he was enjoying jail, according to an article in the Dallas paper, but that was from 2006.
He's out. Been out for a minute and is involved in a faith based organization to keep kids from following the path that he did. He's doing well

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

He's out. Been out for a minute and is involved in a faith based organization to keep kids from following the path that he did. He's doing well
Never too late to mend. Glad to hear about this (Sherman). Here's to hoping Santonio does something similar. There but for the Grace of God...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

We seem to have a disproportionate number of former RB's that can't seem to stay out of trouble. Just off the top of my head, I remember arrests of Humphrey, Williams, Riddle, Beard, Hudson, Grant, Coffee, Hart, and of course, Drake's arrest earlier this year (although that was not a big deal).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.