News Article: White House fence-jumper made it far deeper into building than previously known

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
So, does she resign and draw a fat government pension without having to properly explain?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
More than her need to go. Who in the heck allowed a guy with a gun and a record on an elevator with the president last month at the CDC.
A security contractor with a gun and three convictions for assault and battery was allowed on an elevator with President Obama during a Sept. 16 trip to Atlanta, violating Secret Service protocols, according to three people familiar with the incident.

Obama was not told about the lapse in his security, these people said. The Secret Service director, Julia Pierson, asked a top agency manager to look into the matter but did not refer it to an investigative unit that was created to review violations of protocol and standards, according to two people familiar with the handling of the case who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d7da24-48e3-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
It's gross incompetence, and it's more rampant in our society than we care to admit or desire to face.

Gross incompetence usually follows arrogance. This remark isn't aimed towards our current administration or any political entity, BTW. I'm afraid that we Americans have for some time presumed a superiority that did not need to be based on vigilance, diligence, work ethic, and high standards of conduct. It takes more than one generation, but eventually that sort of arrogance gets you this kind of result. I'm not a doomsday prophet (O.K., well maybe in a way I am), but I do believe in the natural trajectory of nations and empires. I'm afraid that this level of ineptitude is and will continue to be a rising, rather than falling, trend.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It's gross incompetence, and it's more rampant in our society than we care to admit or desire to face.

Gross incompetence usually follows arrogance. This remark isn't aimed towards our current administration or any political entity, BTW. I'm afraid that we Americans have for some time presumed a superiority that did not need to be based on vigilance, diligence, work ethic, and high standards of conduct. It takes more than one generation, but eventually that sort of arrogance gets you this kind of result. I'm not a doomsday prophet (O.K., well maybe in a way I am), but I do believe in the natural trajectory of nations and empires. I'm afraid that this level of ineptitude is and will continue to be a rising, rather than falling, trend.
Whenever I read about gross negligence or misconduct by a government official, it always reminds me of the Operative from the film Serenity:

"In certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords."
Well, it appears the head of the Secret Service has done the 21st century equivalent.
Voltaire said this helps "encourage the others."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.