"Do gooder" posts copy of their own receipt with tip

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
By the way, I delivered a baby, saved a dog and helped an old lady change her tire all on the way to work this morning...you don't see me bragging about it. ;)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I tip between 15-20% regardless of the service. If I get great service, it's worth the 15-20% and we go back often. If I get bad service -- I tip (usually closer to 15%), but I never go back.....I won't ever stiff a waiter, but more than 20% -- you simply just have more money than you need.....and i'd be happy to take it off your hands....;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I tip between 15-20% regardless of the service. If I get great service, it's worth the 15-20% and we go back often. If I get bad service -- I tip (usually closer to 15%), but I never go back.....I won't ever stiff a waiter, but more than 20% -- you simply just have more money than you need.....and i'd be happy to take it off your hands....;)
It just means they're better than you are and their seat in heaven will be closer to the throne than yours. :biggrin2:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Just playing devils advocate... The couple's post does have one redeeming quality. It helps to remind people that bad service isn't always due to the waiter not caring or being crappy at their job. In this case, it sounds like a scheduling mistake or other employees not showing up caused the delays.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Only thing worse than someone who tells you how much they tip (always right, BTW) are those who criticize whatever you tip.
My wife's nephew (I guess he's mine too) works at a restaurant part time and I've overheard him complaining about the amount of money certain people tip. You can tell when he's worked that week because that's all he'll talk about. One time he was on his soap box about it and my father in law finally asked him "What if they just didn't leave a tip and you got nothing? Be thankful that you got something."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As someone who waited tables in college, I tip well. I'll tip well over 20% if the service warrants it - I figure someone waiting tables needs that $10-20 dollars a whole lot more than I do.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Restaurant employees who are also family members can be anal about tipping. I was paying the tab once and had two servers in my party. When the server brought our check, I filled out the tip at 15% of the subtotal, which still came to about $20. Four four of us. Cheesecake Factory. I didn't wanna go in the first place. It's over-pried and you end up taking food home which stays in the fridge until it starts stinking.

All eyes were on how much tip I was leaving. When we left one of my daughters threw a $5 on a pile of uneaten garlic mashed potatoes because in her view I had stiffed the waiter

Whatever.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Restaurant employees who are also family members can be anal about tipping. I was paying the tab once and had two servers in my party. When the server brought our check, I filled out the tip at 15% of the subtotal, which still came to about $20. Four four of us. Cheesecake Factory. I didn't wanna go in the first place. It's over-pried and you end up taking food home which stays in the fridge until it starts stinking.

All eyes were on how much tip I was leaving. When we left one of my daughters threw a $5 on a pile of uneaten garlic mashed potatoes because in her view I had stiffed the waiter

Whatever.
I think the big misunderstanding (and problem) comes because most tips are calculated by the price of the meal instead of the quality of service.
Personally, I don't think poor service and a $75-$100 meal rates a larger tip than good service and a $35-$40 meal.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I think the big misunderstanding (and problem) comes because most tips are calculated by the price of the meal instead of the quality of service.
Personally, I don't think poor service and a $75-$100 meal rates a larger tip than good service and a $35-$40 meal.
Personally I feel the restaurant needs to stop expecting the patrons to subsidize their employee's wages on top of paying the meal. I'd rather have the so called tip built into the price of the food and spread out across the menu so I never see that aspect of it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.