Love affair with Texas A&M

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
It kills me this love affair everyone has with A&M. Joey Galloway is sitting here saying Kenny Hill will shred Alabamas defense, but outside of the last three drives he looked terrible.

I know everyone will say don't watch these shows, those posts do me no good.

What do you guys see with Texas A&M?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
The Bama hate is reaching epic proportions. I was talking to a couple of friends last night, one is an FSU fan and one is a UF fan. I live in Florida so this explains the company I'm forced to keep sometimes. They both agreed they disliked Bama because they are tired of them winning. That is the what all this hate is. No one hated us except rivals like Auburn and LSU before this run with Saban. These ESPN shows have to create buzz, and these talking heads like Galloway and Kannel have to create buzz for themselves. The Bama hate Danny fed the masses last year boosted his career, and don't think Galloway didn't notice. It's all a ratings and social media driven game. I watch some of them too, but always understanding what they spew is more about ratings and buzz than anything else. The SEC network is watchable to me because I haven't seen them bashing SEC teams, and I don't expect them too. They want to build up the conference on every level. I think they may give some fanbases false hope but Bama hate isn't all over it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
They've averaged less than 8 wins over the past 6 years --
They've won more than 10 games 1 time since 1998.....
They were 5th and 7th in the SEC the last two years with the Heisman Trophy Winner.....

do I really need to continue?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
As soon as you mentioned Joey Galloway...I stopped reading. He is the new "joke" of an analyst. Guess they got tired of Danny being the only one.

This same guy was defending Winston...enough said.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I think some of the love A&M has gotten over the last few years is the style of play. Most people love fast and shiny, even when it doesn't produce championships. Unconventional plays and tons of points fill up highlight montages and give talking heads something to gush over. Teams with great defenses don't typically provide the same fireworks unless they get a pick-six or make a devasting hit. Ratings for a Sports Center show where they say, "Hey, look at these ten plays where University of _____ stuffs the run!" would stink.

I have to admit, I love to watch Baylor play. I don't necessarily pull for them and I seriously doubt they'll ever win a national championship, but man they're fun to watch.

It kills me this love affair everyone has with A&M. Joey Galloway is sitting here saying Kenny Hill will shred Alabamas defense, but outside of the last three drives he looked terrible.

I see more of the same of every other year. They definitely didn't win last weekend, Arky last that one. I'm still flabbergasted over that one.

I saw an article after the Arkansas game that praised their run defense, but Arky shredded them for nearly 300 yards. We all saw how they were geting burned by the play action. It's just more of the same.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
why are they even discussing whether or not Texas A&M can beat Bama when they don't play for another 3 weeks? A&M has 2 games they could very well lose before they even play Bama.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Joey Galloway was a great college and NFL player, and I have met him a few times at Columbus Destroyer games (shook his hand and talked briefly, if that counts as meeting him). He seems like a nice enough man. All that said, he is a boob as an announcer. He says things that make me cringe, knowing that he went to OSU.

As for aTm, they score a lot of points, and have done so even on Alabama, so people are going to draw conclusions. The way to shut them up is to stop aTm's offense. Beating them 42-35 won't be enough.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm not sure how Elite A&M is this year for everyone to go crazy over but they have proved to be a quality team. They've come right into the SEC and established themselves in the upper half of the Western Division and have beaten both Us and AU...only LSU has held them completely in check.

They 'Belong' and I'll give them that much. Mizzou has earned their stripes too for that matter. The West is still wide open and A&M looks better than AU and LSU overall so far to me.

They're bad on defense sure but they score a ton of points and play a uptempo style we struggle with so people are going to hype it up. I'm not really worried right now, I'm just glad we're starting to gel and hopefully when we face them our secondary will be sorted out.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

I think it is good marketing for the SEC nationally. Give them something to love - You know Bama is a hard sell. GA, FL, TN, USCe, MO, LSU, ARKY all stink on ice. Nobody likes @uburn ... really ... nobody. Tamu is the last diamond in the crown; let em crow and build them up big. Heck, vote them #1. We get the honor of playing them soon.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I loved that Joey Galloway put Texas A&M in his top 4 because 'now they have a defense' the week the Aggies gave up 500 + yards to Rice.

You know these guys just see scores and don't watch all the games. A great example is the often repeated line about OU handled West Virginia and Bama's D struggled with West Virginia.compare the stats, they are not even close. Bama gave up 140 less yards and only 1 offensive TD and that was early in the second quarter.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
TAMU beat us in 2012 thus revealing our "vulnerabilities". They got within 7 and piled up a lot of yards in 2013, that plus losing to AU has become the narrative for those who are Bama weary or Bama haters.

LSU didn't do it for them when they beat us in 2011 by 3 in OT since some pegged them as one of the greatest teams in college football and we went on to make them look ridiculous in the Sugar Bowl BSNCG.

We'll have to beat TAMU soundly this year for chatter to stop or diminish substantially.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.