Alabama in China

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC
For my Bama brethren,

Anyone know if there is a cool place where Bama fans can watch the games in Beijing?

dajbama

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2011
Best way is to get on up early and live stream.
I have a slingbox that works well in South Korea.
Roll Tide!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This one's tough - hard to predict what's blocked or not. As the Ole Mis game is the SEC GOTW, it might be streamed on the CBSSports website, though that may well be blocked as well.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
There is/was a bar called Nashville there just a few blocks from the old soccer stadium that has an Alabama Crimson Tide pennant posted behind the bar. They have a bunch of TVs and really good acoustic musicians that play there. I was never there during football season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed games. The owner apparently went to school in the United States, but I never met him and the manager couldn't confirm whether it was Alabama or not.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
For my Bama brethren,

Anyone know if there is a cool place where Bama fans can watch the games in Beijing?
Haven't been to China but since Google is blocked below is a list that someone posted for a similar situation.

All Star Sports Bar and Grill
Cafe del Mar
Danger Doyle's
G Bar
Goose 'n' Duck Pub
Herrenhauser
Hooters
Johnny Duck's
Luga's Basement
O'le Football
Paddy O'Shea's
Park Side Bar and Grill
Pavillion
Schiller's
The Den

RTRinBR

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA USA
I travel to Asia and EU quite a bit during football season. The game will be on cbssports.com but CBS will block you for being out of country. If you have a vpn connection that will route ALL internet traffic through it, then you can fool cbs into thinking you are in US. I have a netgear nighthawk and use the vpn on it to do this for games that are espn3 only. I also have dish with sling which doesn't care what country i am in since i am watching my tv. Have any close friends that have a hopper with sling built in? Might be your best bet.

As for places to watch, i have never tried to go to a place and watch. Keep in mind that Bejing is somewhere around 12-13 hours ahead of us so 2:30 kickoff means 2:30-3:30 Sunday morning there. Game won't be over till the sun comes up so you will need to find some place that keeps those kind of hours.

Hope some of this helps.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Haven't been to China but since Google is blocked below is a list that someone posted for a similar situation.

All Star Sports Bar and Grill
Cafe del Mar
Danger Doyle's
G Bar
Goose 'n' Duck Pub
Herrenhauser
Hooters
Johnny Duck's
Luga's Basement
O'le Football
Paddy O'Shea's
Park Side Bar and Grill
Pavillion
Schiller's
The Den
I'd go to Danger Doyle's. That'd be a great story down the road. "I once watched a Bama game at 3 AM at a place in Beijing called Danger Doyle's!"

Sano

1st Team
Oct 30, 2006
NYC
You might try this place:

http://cujubeijing.com/about/

I've never been there but they do show a lot of sports, including college football. :) You'll want to call or stop by to see if they'll be showing the Bama game this weekend.
Thanks allot brother. I know I could always rely on my band of brothers. I wonder if the place would be open to show a game from 3 - 6 am lol but I'll call and check.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.