CFN prognostication of Bama vs. Black Bear Rebels

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I think your analysis is good. If Bo Wallace plays like he has all year, Ole Miss isn't in this game. If he plays well the game is close; if he plays way over his head, Ole Miss might win. . Their D is good and at home it will be even better.
Unless the scoring comes off of turnovers I don't either. Ole Miss is usually just Ole Miss, and if we get "Bad Bo Wallace," that could be the case this time around too. They're defense is really good though. They've got 1 or 2 future NFL players at every position group on the defensive side of the ball, some of whom get be stars at the next level. Honestly, I think the first team to 30 wins.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Yeah....they can't hang but 24 on Memphis and almost all of that in the second half, but they're gonna hang 31 on Bama. Nope.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I think it is a reasonable estimation of the game. Just take 10 points off of both scores.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I agree that Memphis is somewhat better than they have been historically. Is there one player on their defense that would start for Alabama's defense? Maybe 1? I just don't see Mississippi scoring more points on our defense than they did on Memphis, for Pete's sake. Maybe they run a kick back or score off a turnover, but still....

Good ball security and limit stupid penalties and I see Alabama winning by two scores, at least.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
1) Memphis is better than they used to be.

One looks at the Tigers and says, "Well, they average 34 ppg and Ole Miss only gave up 3." Sure, let's just ignore that 63 of those points were against Ohio Valley Conference also-ran Austin Peay (who also gave up 63 to Eastern Illinois). Oh but you say, they scored 35 on UCLA, whom folks have penciled in as a contender, right? Sorry, but 7 of those were on an interception return - and who says UCLA is that good anyway? They barely beat a mediocre UVA team - and it was supposedly because of the time difference - but they also barely beat the dumpster fire that is Longhorn U.

This entire argument rests on Memphis being better than they have been, and I don't think there's enough evidence to support that at this point.
Using Memphis as a measuring stick for predicting success against us ridiculous. These folks sure are tired of Bama's success.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I may end up being proven wrong but it is no secret what it takes to beat Bama and that is a QB who basically has the game of his life or is an elite talent such as JF or $cam Newton. I'm going by the odds and IMO the odds of Bo Wallace all of a sudden turning into something he's not is very unlikely. I will bring something else to light that isn't getting that much attention. Ole Miss' offensive line isn't having a great year. Their running game has struggled this season. Consequently Wallace has been sacked 7 times and has already thrown 6 picks. Ole Miss' offense has sputtered during chunks of games this season and that shouldn't shock anybody. It is directly related to what I've mentioned above.

Sure, anything can happen but after four games you can get a good idea about "who they are" as a team and Ole Miss isn't some sort of juggernaut. Sure, the pundits are playing them up because people like to see upsets. They like to predict upsets. But if we play our game we will give Ole Miss a beating.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I agree with his opinion of OM giving up 3 turnovers, 2 of which will probably be ints, and Bama will recover one fumble by OM. I even agree with Bama scoring 45. 17 (if not 21) of that should be as a result of the above turnovers.
But no way does OM turn it over 3x and still score 31 against the Tide. No way is our D going to let that happen. No way is CNS going to put up with our D letting that happen.
I'm sticking with my original prediction.
Bama 45 OM 14

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
This game reminds me a bit of the 2008 Clemson game. Clemson, like Ole Miss, was strong in the skill positions but were not very strong on the line. I think the same held true on defense for them. Not a bad D, but not a show-stopper either. If you recall that Clemson team just had no answer for us up front, especially when we were on D. I think the same will hold true for this weekend. Ole Miss is dangerous and will hit some big plays, but overall I think they will struggle with our O and D lines and that will ultimately be the difference. Also, I think if we are able to run the ball the game will get ugly. We can still win if we struggle running, but I think we will have to sweat it out if that is the case. I'm married to a Rebel and will likely be the only Tide fan at Rebel watch party in Houston, TX; so I want/need us to win this game bad just for my sanity alone:)

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
My son the 2x Ole Miss alum says that if we play like we did in our last game & they play like they did in theirs, we will steamroll them. He's a serious Rebel fan & football watcher.

In keeping with the thread title, & in the interest of consistency in labeling, this UA alum predicts a win for the Elephant Crimson Tide Saturday.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
Bama Lee, I don't think Ole Miss will score that much, but I believe it will end up somwhere like the site predicted. I think I had it like 45-13. It maybe even 45-17. I think we will beat them by at least 2 or even 3 TDs.
Well your scores indicate at least a 4 touchdown favorite which I would take but which is it now?

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
Gonna be extremely surprised if Bo and his boys find a way to score 31 points. I know they have good receivers etc etc but that's a bit much

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I feel good about our chances and our big play weapons. Somewhere in the back of my mind Stephen Garcia still comes to mind though. Like someone already mentioned it would take a day like that from Bo Wallace. Thank goodness those days don't pop up very often. RTR!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.