The Making of Blake Sims, ESPN Article

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
What a great write-up. I was especially pleased to read this quote from his father:

Sonny said. "He grew up knowing that his word was his bond.
With all the money involved in college football, keeping your word doesn't get the emphasis I think it deserves. I'm glad Blake was raised that way.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Im very impressed with the article
-Sims was married and had a daughter.
-Kiffin recuited him, and wanted him to be a starting QB and yet Kiffin is coaching him at Alabama!
-The way the story goes, It sounds like the light finally came on for him, and we could be seeing his best work in coming week.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
"I sent a boy to Alabama and they sent me back a man. I know if my son doesn't play another down of football, he is set for life."

Fantastic read, thank you.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Everything I read about Blake makes me like him even more.

Interesting about the backstory with Kiffin. It's almost fate that Saban finally gets the OC he supposedly wanted in 2007 and that OC gets the starting QB he wanted a few years ago.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
You just have to stand behind Blake as our starting quarterback and leader after that article!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
"I sent a boy to Alabama and they sent me back a man. I know if my son doesn't play another down of football, he is set for life."

I almost cried reading this...we never know what players' experience to get where they are ...Jalston Fowler is another example. For all the "bad" of college football -- there is far more good.

One of my sons was told that he would never play on the Clemson golf team after he signed there. He was also told that he would never be accepted into college. He was a 2 time 2nd Team AA and has a degree on the wall.

Don't ever try to steal someone's dream. Try to help them fulfill it.

Thus endeth the sermon.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I almost cried reading this...we never know what players' experience to get where they are ...Jalston Fowler is another example. For all the "bad" of college football -- there is far more good.

One of my sons was told that he would never play on the Clemson golf team after he signed there. He was also told that he would never be accepted into college. He was a 2 time 2nd Team AA and has a degree on the wall.

Don't ever try to steal someone's dream. Try to help them fulfill it.

Thus endeth the sermon.
I had an employee with a ton of sales ability, zero sales confidence and a real hatred to be proven wrong. So I told him one day "you will never be a top salesman, not sure why you bother" he went from one of my lowest performing guys to one of the highest in the same quarter. After that the top guy, came into my office a few quarters later with a "I showed you" attitude. All I did was smile

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
It was clear from his improvement that this young man put in some tremendous work over the summer, but the light also just went on for him. I've seen that with high school kids I've been around. It's just like one day they get it right and it sticks everyday after that. I have a feeling Blake is going to be serving up Landshark fillets for dinner after the game Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.