News Article: Blake Sims - No issues with his shoulder this week

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
There's a lot of factors here. It's important to keep in mind he did come out, despite Alabama having a comfortable lead, but he wasn't forced to play much more either. So, that leaves one with the conclusion it's not too bad and he didn't make it much worse.

The extra week couldn't have happened at a better time. It allowed him most of a week of resting the shoulder, something he ordinarily wouldn't get. I'd certainly hope that they were taking it easy more as a precaution than necessity and unless they're lying about it, that seems to be the case. It's a luxury to be able to rest it.

The additional aspect to this is that Coker is the most capable backup Alabama has had, in a very long time, so if this is a lingering issue, it's not a complete disaster.

I guess we might not really get any idea until the game progresses, as to whether he's 100% or not. I do imagine, either way this will bring a bit more caution. Sims will probably be reminded that he needs to run like a quarterback, not a running back, and if I'm Alabama, I'm looking to get Coker in ASAP each game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.