White lesbian couple sue after they have black baby

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Weird! They live in this little town which will tolerate married gay couples but not mixed race?!?! As I've posted before, my own daughter is married to a woman, but at least they have the good sense to live in San Francisco. Huntsville is very tolerant of mixed race couples, and kids. Probably, it started because of the city's makeup and the military influence. I realize that it's not representative in many ways. In the last couple of years, our DIL in Nashville had to lean on her mom and sister to convince them that it probably wasn't a good idea to move to Murfreesboro, TN, from Chicago, with the sister's two biracial boys. (Really cute kids, I might add.) She managed to convince them that Murfreesboro was not Nashville and it was not Huntsville and it might bring problems they hadn't seen before. I have no idea, having just driven through and visited briefly in Murfreesboro. However, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the concept of a community which will accept lesbian couples but not lesbian couples with biracial kids...

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
No matter how tolerant or intolerant the community is, I think this couple made a mistake in highlighting ethnicity as a central aspect of their case. They just opened themselves up to the sort of scrutiny that we're engaged in here regarding the community's alleged selective intolerance. Should have just limited their case to "We ordered #380 and they sent us #330". That simple fact is a more solid argument. If you go to a restaurant and order the filet, you don't have to pay for the tofu that they mistakenly bring you.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
If you go to a restaurant and order the filet, you don't have to pay for the tofu that they mistakenly bring you.
Oh, so black men are tofu and white men are filet?
Racist.
Unless you actually like tofu more than filet, in which case you're still a racist, but in the opposite direction. (This is so confusing...)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.