Here is an interesting nugget on how young this team really is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tennessee has to have the most. I would expect LSU to be fairly high as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
jcshurburtt
Entering the 2014 season- #Alabama had the third-most freshman/sophomores on the two-deep nationally. @CharlesGPower

I knew we were a young team, but I had no idea we were one of the youngest teams in the country.
Just think how that makes teams on our 2016 and 2017 schedules cringe. :smile:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
jcshurburtt
Entering the 2014 season- #Alabama had the third-most freshman/sophomores on the two-deep nationally. @CharlesGPower

I knew we were a young team, but I had no idea we were one of the youngest teams in the country.
That is a very surprising stat. As long as Saban keeps reeling in the talent that's too good to play four years, we will see this trend continue. What a luxury for the team and fans, we've got it good these days. :)

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
That is a very surprising stat. As long as Saban keeps reeling in the talent that's too good to play four years, we will see this trend continue. What a luxury for the team and fans, we've got it good these days. :)
Yep. I am just enjoying the moment. I know in the thread about the possible next coach, someone pointed out to those looking into the future for the next coach in waiting that they should just live in the present. We do have it good and these things don't last forever. You have cycles. We are in a high point of a cycle right now and with the youth, it could last a long time. Not to mention the coaching these kids receive either.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
also, if Alabama pulls in the #1 recruiting class again this year (and it looks like we will), every player on the team will be a member of a #1 ranked recruiting class. Amazing.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Not really that surprising. Freshman today are much better prepared physically to play right away because of all the advancements in sports science and nutrition. Whether a freshman plays or not almost always comes down to whether they are mentally capable to pick up the scheme and perform consistently..

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
You are dead on. My son is a JR in high school and plays LB, the strength and conditioning program ,diet/nutritional supplements etc just in HS is amazing compared to when I played in the 80s. When I played the extent of our nutrition and weight program was, we would lift a little weight until the season started then we and were told to eat bannanas and salt tablets on Thursday nights before the game.
Not really that surprising. Freshman today are much better prepared physically to play right away because of all the advancements in sports science and nutrition. Whether a freshman plays or not almost always comes down to whether they are mentally capable to pick up the scheme and perform consistently..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
LSU has to be second behind Tennessee. They are playing a TON of freshman this season. Also, if Brandon Harris does what I think he'll do that game down in Baton Rouge will be A LOT tougher now. That kid is going to be a star at LSU. Watched him play his HS football here in Shreveport. He's very, very good.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Two quick blasts from the past. One, Earle madae an observation in one of the game threads about our youth and inexperience and as it it contributes to the sometime inconsistent play and penalties. Second, I made a comment in a preseason thread, due to youth, that next years team is going to Nasty good.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.