Tide in the NFL: Week 4

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
Defensively LB CJ Mosley had a standout Week 4 in the NFL. He recorded 7 Tackles, 4 Assists, and 2 Passes Defended in a Ravens win over $cam and the Panthers. Other notables included LB DeMeco Ryans who had 7 Tackles for the Eagles in a losing effort against San Fran; CB Kareem Jackson recorded 6 Tackles, 2 Assists, and 2 Passes Defended for the Texans in a win - though I did see him get burned on one play I believe; S Mark Barron picked up 5 Tackles and 2 Assists for the Bucs over the Steelers; and S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix recorded 5 Tackles for the Packers over the Bears. LB Ro McClain only recorded 2 Tackles for the 'Boys, but forced a crucial fumble to ice the game. His come back is still looking good though his snap count was down for this game due to the defensive scheme.

Offensively no one stood out as WR Julio Jones only had a pedestrian 6 Catches for 82 Yards and no TDs. Julio has 447 Yards and 3 TDs for the year so he is still averaging over 100 Yards a game and slightly less than a 1 TD per game. Trent Richardson gained 47 Yards on 20 Carries and 1 TD, however,he did gain 52 Yards on 4 Catches. Trent still has not had the breakout with the Colts we've all been hoping for so far being just serviceable. Based on what I've seen of Trent this year so far, the Colts do not seemed committed to establishing the running game as they will usually quickly default to Andrew Luck to generate offense.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
His pad level...

Lacy's fine but for dicey run-blocking from his O-Line and this, which has a ring of legitimacy to it instead of alibi (link): Shotgun slowing down Packers' Eddie Lacy

Also, GB- and 'Bama-related, but unnoted here as best I can tell, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix's touchdown-saving, end-zone depriving tackle of Martellus Bennett at the end of the first half last weekend in Chicago may have saved the Packers' season, if I can indulge in a little hyperbole. If I can indulge in a little more hype, Ha Ha flat out keelhauled a tight end who outweighs him by 65-70 pounds.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Whats up with Eddie Lacy?
Packers played the sea hawk's and jets the first two weeks. Two of the best rush defenses in the NFL. He actually scored two touchdowns last week against the bears but one got called back for a penalty. Expect a big night tonight from Eddie when the packers take on the Vikings. Plus he's on my fantasy team :)

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Packers played the sea hawk's and jets the first two weeks. Two of the best rush defenses in the NFL. He actually scored two touchdowns last week against the bears but one got called back for a penalty. Expect a big night tonight from Eddie when the packers take on the Vikings. Plus he's on my fantasy team :)
My fantasy team also. I have Trent on the bench, and had Mark Ingram until he got hurt.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
Lacy had a fair 14 Carries for 48 Yds and 1 TD. 1 Reception for 11 Yds. He's on my fantasy team but has underperformed somewhat. My All-Bama fantasy team has been getting crushed for rushing yards - thanks goodness for Julio. Wish we had a QB slinging it somewhere and I don't see McCarron supplanting Dalton anytime soon when he gets activated. At least Phillip Rivers is my check-down Fantasy QB being from the state of Alabama.

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
His pad level...

Also, GB- and 'Bama-related, but unnoted here as best I can tell, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix's touchdown-saving, end-zone depriving tackle of Martellus Bennett at the end of the first half last weekend in Chicago may have saved the Packers' season, if I can indulge in a little hyperbole. If I can indulge in a little more hype, Ha Ha flat out keelhauled a tight end who outweighs him by 65-70 pounds.
Ha-Ha's play was huge! Haven't watched much of the GB secondary since George Teague but having been paying attention this year. He is living up to expectations this year so far.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
My fantasy team also. I have Trent on the bench, and had Mark Ingram until he got hurt.
Lacy had a fair 14 Carries for 48 Yds and 1 TD. 1 Reception for 11 Yds. He's on my fantasy team but has underperformed somewhat. My All-Bama fantasy team has been getting crushed for rushing yards - thanks goodness for Julio. Wish we had a QB slinging it somewhere and I don't see McCarron supplanting Dalton anytime soon when he gets activated. At least Phillip Rivers is my check-down Fantasy QB being from the state of Alabama.
I just picked up Eddie last week. The person in my league who had him wanted to trade him because of his poor performance in the first two games. I have Eddie, Demarco Murray, and Lesean McCoy in a 10 team league..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
89 yards and a touchdown tonight for Lacy. I have him and the packers defense on my fantasy team. +38 for me tonight.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.