I just don't get why people think we'll lose to Ole Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA
Re: I just don't get it...

they have only beaten us 5 times in the last 44 years (three with a manning at the helm), 6 times in the last 46 (with four of those with a manning at the helm), and 7 times in the last 94. they rarely have good enough games to win, especially without a manning at the helm :)
Good point. I didn't realize the overall record was that lopsided. I am little less concerned now although still somewhat concerned.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Most people I have heard in the media are picking Bama. Haven't heard or seen a media member pick Ole Miss..

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
For the record, the Tide losses since 2008:

2008 – Florida SECCG,Utah Sugar Bowl
2010 – USCe on 10/9 atWBS after beating UArk 24-20 on 9/25 and UF 31-6 on 10/2
After a bye week, LSU on 11/6 at Tiger Stadium
AfterGaSt, Auburn at BDS on 11/26
2011 – LSU on 11/5 at BDS after a bye week
2012 – TAM on 11/10 at BDS, 10[SUP]th[/SUP] game of the year,fifth SEC game in 5 weeks, two on the road
2013 – Auburn 11/30 at JHS and OU Sugar Bowl

Note that only one loss, USCe, came before the first of November. That was on the road, the sixth game of the season with no bye, third road game.

All this to make a point. What I've noticed about the team since CNS joined us, we lose when the team is tired, physically and mentally. Even in 2009, we had a couple of close calls, about 1/2-2/3 of the way through the season.

Our guys don't look tired to me. And I think they're getting better.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

i'd rather you be more optimistic -- like maybe 2012......
Well, except we did lose in 2013... I don't feel that's pessimism. That's just how things worked out. Either way. Let's just not lose this year, whatta ya say?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

It helps to realize that Bama has the best program in the country right now and has for several years.
Exactly, I don't see how anyone comes into our season thinking we lose more than 1 game a year. Especially, after seeing how we played so far.

Call me a sunshine pumper...But you need to know that I prefer to be called the Queen of the Sunshine Pumpers. ;)

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
In order to beat us, it isn't enough for their QB to play the game of his life. It also requires us to make mistakes. You simply will not beat us straight up unless we play poorly. The ONLY possible exception is the 2008 SECCG. Tebow went nuts in the 4th quarter, and that was only Saban's 2nd year. We are firing on all cylinders right now and it will take more than Bo Wallace having a great game to beat us.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
@
In order to beat us, it isn't enough for their QB to play the game of his life. It also requires us to make mistakes. You simply will not beat us straight up unless we play poorly. The ONLY possible exception is the 2008 SECCG. Tebow went nuts in the 4th quarter, and that was only Saban's 2nd year. We are firing on all cylinders right now and it will take more than Bo Wallace having a great game to beat us.
I do not disagree with this.

Crimson Bourne

1st Team
Jun 23, 2005
Blue Ridge, GA
IIRC that 2008 game we helped Fl on that last drive by getting flagged for unsportsmanlike on a hit at sideline. A costly penalty.

If we avoid turnovers and play our game we will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

It's absolutely possible we lose. It happens. We aren't invincible. I'm not saying that I think we will lose. But IMO this is one of those games where all the experts, talking heads, and even Vegas looks at it and sees a chance of us losing. They legitimately think we'll be upset.

Here's the cool part though - if we go into Oxford and whup em, it's a HUGE statement by our supposedly vulnerable team.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Last year Ole Miss missed three opportunities for FGs, and we were up 16-0 with 5:00 to play. If Ole Miss had taken the points, the game would have been much closer. The safety put the game away late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.