Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Ole Miss Postgame Thread****

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
No doubts about that at all sip & I agree 100% with ya as always mu Brother..After reading all the "Moaning & Groaning" & "Doom & Gloom" from aroun the world wide web tonight..I just want folks to realize that this is just a game, I know we all wanna win every game we play & chances are we will do that under Coach Saban, but, folks need to realize Coach Saban, our Coaching Staff..And all the blood, sweat, & tears all our players have giving us to to represents us & our University to represent us & strive to win us another NC..We have to realize they're still human, and will make mistakes, and will lose a game or two along the journey we go through during college football football season..When they do lose a game..It's not the end of the world & our Boys will come back & will practice & play even harder to represent us & all us Bama Fans..We need to pat them on the back, let them we love them, and are as proud of them, as we did before the loss..It's just a game..Life will go on & we will still be the absolute best college football program win, lose or draw..
Love ya TideMan, but this team has to be coached in order to have success.
If we don't learn the meaning of "a game plan", in comparison with, "the process", we could lose every remaining SEC game we have.
SEC teams prepare for us based on what we do. They've figured it out pretty darn good.
We have to start preparing for them based on what, 'They do", as well, rather than thinking we can simply practice fundamentals and show up for the game.
Sip

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If we coach and play like we did today? Oh yeah. We could lose every single conference game we have left.
A team that has won three of the last five national titles shouldn't coach and play scared against Ole Miss.
We have no swagger my man. None.
sip
i think whatever "swagger" we had in store for today left the field with drake.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's true Gene & I stand by my post cause Ole Miss is still Ole Miss..And I think they will play their way out of the SEC & NC talk..And will lose 2-3 games by the end of the year..Cause Ole Miss will always be Ole Miss in college football a& will lose 2-3 game before the end of the season & won't be a factor as usual..Cause as I stated..Ole Miss is & will always be well Ole Miss..LOL
Uhhh, sorry but we don't control our destiny. If Ole Miss wins out we are sitting home for the SECCG. I do agree with your ROLL TIDE ROLL tho... :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm willing to let all the gloom and doom go on - the game has passed Coach Saban by; he doesn't know to coach the defensive secondary, etc, etc. etc. All the man has done is win three national championships at Bama. However, lose one game, and this is what you get. Keep in mind, though, the Bayoutider rule - it's not so much what you say as the way you say it. One poster started off his post (he had only a few over several years) with "we suck." That'll get you banned every time...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
If we coach and play like we did today? Oh yeah. We could lose every single conference game we have left.
sip
True...but you could say that about any team if they played like that. We have no idea if they will play better or not. Only time will tell and I sure hope we do turn it around.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Only people that played excellent was cam,coop,yeldon, and Scott everyone was hit or miss or even subpar. I see us 10-2 with an outside shot at 4th seed if we get a little better but best and worst could range for 8 to 11 wins but 11 wins is going to be tough. The one positive looking forward is that the 3 biggest games are at home and the trips to Knoxville and Baton Rouge don't look as intimidating as they usually do

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
While the injuries sure didn't help us, I'm not convinced that was the difference, especially Drake's.
Man, I hate it for him, but I'm not sure our offense was ever in sync enough to take advantage of him.

Lot's of ways to look at "why" Bama loses.

1. We beat ourself.
2. Other team, while not better over the course of a whole year, is better that day.
3. Hot qb, which I'm personally sick of hearing about.

I really don't think any of them apply today except #1. We beat ourself. OM is a good team, but they didn't play a real clean game. If they would've we might have lost this game by 3 touchdowns or more.

They just simply played through their bad play better than us and wanted it more. We played bad and, even worse, we played timid.

I don't think we got their best "game," but we got their best "effort."

Problem is, we had a bad game and even worse effort.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We all said if we continued to see turnovers it'd bite us. It did. We still could have won. I guess the biggest difference. Since his first year CNS has yet sent out a team that absolutely was destroyed to the point I felt there was no chance to win against them. Utah in 2008 was probably the worst. It is truly frustrating to lose with the talent we have but OM has been right with us recruiting. I think the days of undefeated SEC is all but over. I'm sure it will happen some time but it will be far more uncommon. Lastly I'll say I'd rather lose in the first week of Oct. as opposed to our first loss being at the end of Nov. that's all and a big ROLL TIDE to y'all and especially to Drake.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It may sound like sour grapes, but I'm not so sure that Ole Miss is even one of the top 3 teams on our schedule. If we play like that the next few week - 3 more road games and a live body at home - then we could be looking at a record closer to the Shula years than something we're use to lately.

I wasn't super high on this team in terms of contention but the level of uncoordinated cluster *ehm* on the field today does not bode well heading to Arkansas. We're a bit beat up and that team "leans on ya." This Bama team just isn't very good. I know people hate to hear that stuff but we're flat out too sloppy on offense and poorly matched up athletically on defense.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It definitely hurt. I've seen a dislocated ankle, in person,. It's sickening.
Hard to look forward to "contact".
sip
i almost puked in the split second between when i realized what i was seeing and turning my head away from the tv, luckily, i didn't hear his screaming

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
i almost puked in the split second between when i realized what i was seeing and turning my head away from the tv, luckily, i didn't hear his screaming
I'm with you. I had to walk out of the room. I did hear the screaming, which made it worse. Can't believe they kept the camera on it that long.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.