Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Ole Miss Postgame Thread****

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Also...before I forget. I can't say enough how devastating Drake's injury was to our offense. A legitimate homerun hitter from anywhere on the field and a force that defenses had to account for. There are a combination of people that can replace his production (Black, Stewart, etc.) but there isn't another player on this team or in our conference who is as dynamic
Absolute worst part of the day. I'm afraid we lost 3 key players today. One for the season and two probably for a few weeks at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
OJ should have went and got it instead of waiting on it.
precisely. This game reminded me so much of last year's Iron Bowl, including a crippling holding call by No. 88 in the final moments. He also was too passive on the final throw -- tight coverage but catchable. Lots of little things got us beat, including the absence of a second half pass rush, and chronic coverage lapses at key moments. Oh yeah, Wallace had the touch of a pick pocket for most of the second half.

earliest loss in a long time. The coaches and players either use it to grow or shut it down now. Their choice. Odd how passive we seemed on the road.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Crimson Force and I have butted heads in the recent past, but he's absolutely right on target with his assessment of this team.
If we don't change our defensive philosophy, we may lose four or five games.
I have never seen a college football team place less pressure on the quarterback, and it's "By design". Our defense is "designed" to stop the run.
Hey Coach! Teams don't give a darn about running the ball anymore.
If they can pass it on your corners and safeties, they'll do it!
They KNOW what your defense is designed to do, so they make something called, "Adjustments".
That might be a novel idea for you to consider.
sip
I keep waiting for change but I'm seriously doubting if it will happen
LOL - turn it over to ESPN and watch a team that gives a darn about running ball.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I thought D played well today. Bama is just not great on D this year and I mean from a personel standpoint. I do think the blitz calls were too conservative, but Bama stopped the run without secondary help, which is a good thing. The problem is we just aren't as good on the back end as we have been. For that matter, we aren't as good anywhere on D as we have been. Bama is good, just not great like in the past. And Wallace did make some impressive throws, but that could go back to your point of lack of pressure
Crimson Force and I have butted heads in the recent past, but he's absolutely right on target with his assessment of this team.
If we don't change our defensive philosophy, we may lose four or five games.
I have never seen a college football team place less pressure on the quarterback, and it's "By design". Our defense is "designed" to stop the run.
Hey Coach! Teams don't give a darn about running the ball anymore.
If they can pass it on your corners and safeties, they'll do it!
They KNOW what your defense is designed to do, so they make something called, "Adjustments".
That might be a novel idea for you to consider.
sip
I keep waiting for change but I'm seriously doubting if it will happen

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
SIP, I think CF was suspended for his mod comment. Not what he said so much. I think the defense played well until the fourth qtr. by then, the offense had , what, three straight three and outs. A lot of pressure on the d at that point.

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
I also thought the crippling holding call by the TE hurt. I thought it was a no call but it was called. I think the same thing did happen in the Iron Bowl late. I hope they learn from it!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The sunshine pumpers on here need to understand that we are not the only program with talent, if you truly believe all the recruiting hype. Based on what I have seen TODAY, we will lose to MSU and auburn. We can improve and still finish 11-1, but based on what I have seen today that will not happen.

We are missing some intangibles, and I have no clue what it is, except sometimes your team makes the plays to win and sometimes they don't. If I had to make a call, I would say our defense seems to stay confused, the secondary is not very good. Our kicking game apparently has been over rated, no kickoff reached the end zone. I am proud of our team, but there are weaknesses and to blame a loss on officiating is ridiculous and if "we beat ourseleves" is the excuse then why did we beat ourseleves .

Hats off to Ole Miss they made the plays to win.
Gray, I'm not sure what exactly makes someone a sunshine pumper but I'd say it's the doom and gloomers (for lack of a better term) that need to realize that other teams have good players too.

But I do agree with your assessment. We have a lot of work to do, that's for sure. Penalties and turnovers will kill any team and we are no exception. I don't believe we need wholesale change, but we had better learn from this and grow.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Yes, this was a disappointing loss, they happen... for me going back to the 73 Sugar Bowl to Notre Dame. The game is over and we need to see what lessons we can draw from it, but not let it cause us to lose a second game. The penalties are odd, as we haven't had issues with them like this in a long time.

We need to focus next on Arkansas. We can still accomplish our goals this year as long as we don't distract ourselves with future games or how other teams play.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Not true; Bama does not get in with two losses, but if Bama wins out they will be in. So we can pull for Auburn to lose them all. No way Ole Miss wins out.
Ole Miss has to lose 2 SEC games, and we have to win out to get in the SECCG (providing no undefeated SEC West teams)...beating an undefeated barn team elevates us, I think, in the eyes of the committee.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Drake going down obviously affected the offense game plan. To what degree not sure but it appeared as though we all of the sudden found ourselves without a gameplan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think drake's injury greatly affected the mindset of the team. they had no fire coming out of the half, then when kelley went down, that was the straw that broke the camels back, or at least that's how it seemed to me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
SIP, I think CF was suspended for his mod comment. Not what he said so much. I think the defense played well until the fourth qtr. by then, the offense had , what, three straight three and outs. A lot of pressure on the d at that point.
This is correct. Our forums are not intended for debates with staff over policies and that's clearly stated in the site policies. Particularly in postgame threads after a loss, there's a lot of gloom and doom and, well, overreaction. Also, far too many post after they're further into their cups than they need to be. In those cases, we sometimes suspend to protect the poster from saying too much and getting into trouble...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Whatever happened all game long, we were in the drivers seat at the end. When you are down by 6, enough time on the clock, close enough to smell the endzone, you should be able to get it in. This week we couldn't.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i think drake's injury greatly affected the mindset of the team. they had no fire coming out of the half, then when kelley went down, that was the straw that broke the camels back, or at least that's how it seemed to me.
Yep. Drake's injury was damaging to the psyche of the team. Kelley's was more nuts and bolts. The 2nd string center can never live up to the standard of the starter...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.