Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Ole Miss Postgame Thread****

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Ole Miss could drop one to Aggies next Saturday. It would be an upset, but how often have we seen a team stub its toe after a huge win ?

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
After seeing us play in the first few games this year I was thrilled with our aggressive and exciting offense. Yesterday looked very conservative in comparison, more like previous years. I've wondered why the change, was it to protect Sims from making errors in his first big game, maybe a little soreness from his injury or a lack of trust in the offense to open it up more against a much better defense than we faced before. We still threw plenty of passes in the game overall, it just seemed more conservative and no killer instinct. The only real thought I had that bothered me some is that maybe OC Kiffin didn't really have as much say in the game plan. I don't mean that as a criticism, just wondering if that may be the case. The other thing I thought is the team just didn't seem up for the game. I guess I shouldn't speculate on things that I can never have an answer for. One things for certain, the team definitely wasn't ready for the game, injuries and sloppy play really sealed it. I've read posts talking about we have identified what to work on and so on, and I'll be as positive as I can because I know Or hope we are capable of winning out, but the weaknesses shown look to me like a seasons worth of improvements to work on, not a couple of weeks, that is unless we just played so far below capability because of some type of problem that affected the entire team mentally, which I doubt. I'm looking for a lot of improvement coming up, just as a note I agree with the posters saying we need to simplify some of our defensive schemes, it looks like our guys just don't have the confidence especially on defense. I don't know football like many of our experts on the board, but I can recognize when a team plays so far below its capabilities.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Ole Miss could drop one to Aggies next Saturday. It would be an upset, but how often have we seen Ole Miss stub its toe after a huge win ?
FIFY - of course OM hasn't had that many "huge" wins....

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
After seeing us play in the first few games this year I was thrilled with our aggressive and exciting offense. Yesterday looked very conservative in comparison, more like previous years. I've wondered why the change, was it to protect Sims from making errors in his first big game, maybe a little soreness from his injury or a lack of trust in the offense to open it up more against a much better defense than we faced before. We still threw plenty of passes in the game overall, it just seemed more conservative and no killer instinct. The only real thought I had that bothered me some is that maybe OC Kiffin didn't really have as much say in the game plan. I don't mean that as a criticism, just wondering if that may be the case. The other thing I thought is the team just didn't seem up for the game. I guess I shouldn't speculate on things that I can never have an answer for. One things for certain, the team definitely wasn't ready for the game, injuries and sloppy play really sealed it. I've read posts talking about we have identified what to work on and so on, and I'll be as positive as I can because I know Or hope we are capable of winning out, but the weaknesses shown look to me like a seasons worth of improvements to work on, not a couple of weeks, that is unless we just played so far below capability because of some type of problem that affected the entire team mentally, which I doubt. I'm looking for a lot of improvement coming up, just as a note I agree with the posters saying we need to simplify some of our defensive schemes, it looks like our guys just don't have the confidence especially on defense. I don't know football like many of our experts on the board, but I can recognize when a team plays so far below its capabilities.
It probably had to deal with injuries and sims. While sim's numbers don't really reflect a bad game he is very lucky not to have 4 picks on the day. Losing our center was bigger than losing drake because our best olineman suddenly became a true freshman. Cam did great though

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.