Kenyan Drake Appreciation Thread

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Kenya Drake Appreciation Thread

Yup..I never knew Henry even had an injury anywhere close to this type of injury..
Hes out 8-10 weeks. Broken leg and dislocated ankle. Saban said injury is similar to Derrick henry. So........ We'll see how well he recovers in 6 weeks and figure out something.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006

Hes out 8-10 weeks. Broken leg and dislocated ankle. Saban said injury is similar to Derrick henry. So........ We'll see how well he recovers in 6 weeks and figure out something.

Yes, I just saw that too. In pertinent part: "With Drake, Saban said the injury was similar to the broken bone running back Derrick Henry suffered in spring practice in 2013. Saban said he suffered a similar injury when he was in school too. He said it would be at least eight-to-10 weeks before he 'could even think about playing football again."

Hope I'm not reading too much into that, but it certainly appears from what's written that KD may not have suffered an injury of Prothro magnitude, and that his recovery may just a matter of a few months. If correct, then that's absolutely wonderful news! Here's the link: http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/10/kenyan_drake_denzel_devall_hav.html

On another note, here's an article re: Freeze's handling of Trae Elston's conduct: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/10/ole_miss_trae_elston_suspended.html

Last edited:

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

I woke up thinking about Kenyan, not the loss. Our team will recover and with all our support so will he.
My sentiments exactly. I kept hoping everyone would rally in the game after his injury, in a "Win one for the Gipper" kind of way. Unfortunately, that just led to a further letdown. In some ways, I took this loss better than most, and I think it's because I'm far more upset about the injury than about the game.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Hope I'm not reading too much into that, but it certainly appears from what's written that KD may not have suffered an injury of Prothro magnitude, and that his recovery may just a matter of a few months. If correct, then that's absolutely wonderful news!
I read the same stuff. I hope that its not as bad as it appeared on TV. Hope its a speedy recovery!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I just felt that Drake added a dimension that we've never had in an already multi-dimensional run/pass offense. He was one of the keys that I thought would unlock the lock to the National Championship for 'da Tide.

When he was hurt, I think, on the opening kickoff, I just said "uh oh"! I was happy to see him back in the game and that was an excellent catch over the middle. Could that first injury have lead to the 2nd?

Here's hoping that he comes back stronger than ever.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
KD has somewhat flown under the national radar, but I think a lot of Bama fans (and I know a lot on here from many posts) knew he was a special player, just from the few times we would see him last year. We knew he was going to be utilized more this year, and before the injury we all felt he was quite possibly going to be the MVP of this year's team, even with his limited playing time, simply because of what he would be able to do. The fumbles concerned us all, and he had one in the Florida game that at least made me wonder if he was going to get better at ball security or not; but his big-play capability was a counter-weight that was somewhat leveling things out.
Now, from what I have read via his tweets and fb posts, this seems like a young man who has his head on straight. His presence on the sidelines can only be a big plus for the team, and I hope he mends well and completely. He (at this point) seems to be a shining example of what Tide football is all about.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He grew up a lot since last year mentally and emotionally.
KD has somewhat flown under the national radar, but I think a lot of Bama fans (and I know a lot on here from many posts) knew he was a special player, just from the few times we would see him last year. We knew he was going to be utilized more this year, and before the injury we all felt he was quite possibly going to be the MVP of this year's team, even with his limited playing time, simply because of what he would be able to do. The fumbles concerned us all, and he had one in the Florida game that at least made me wonder if he was going to get better at ball security or not; but his big-play capability was a counter-weight that was somewhat leveling things out.
Now, from what I have read via his tweets and fb posts, this seems like a young man who has his head on straight. His presence on the sidelines can only be a big plus for the team, and I hope he mends well and completely. He (at this point) seems to be a shining example of what Tide football is all about.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I predict he is back on the field if we make the playoff. He would have another 8 weeks. 6 weeks after his surgery he is in a walking boot. It all depends on his recovery the next couple weeks. But I would not be shocked if he is able to practice in 6 more weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.