A moment of clarity after this loss

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I settled down, had some food, and came to this realization: this game was the Perfect Storm.

Here's some details about the game before it even started:
Our first true road game
QB possibly not 100%
Hungry opponent/fans looking for the upset

During the game:
We lost our most explosive playmaker to a gruesome injury
We lost our starting center
We lost one of our best pass rushers
Bo had the game of his life
We shot ourselves in the foot with penalties
Questionable play-calling
Questionable officiating (admittedly against both teams)
Special teams breakdowns

Here's the amazing part: it took EVERYTHING, all of those things, to beat us. We are truly lucky to be Bama fans these days. RTR!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Re: A moment of clarify after this loss

I agree ! I told my wife Thursday night I have a feeling about the game against olemiss. If Wallace plays lights light we are in for a 2010 game like SOUTH CAROLINA. if he plays like normal we win by 14.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Championship caliber teams take the second half kickoff and put a touchdown on the board, effectively tearing the jugular out. Then it's pound the body time.

Not saying this team can't grow into a championship caliber team, it just wasn't today.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL

And considering all that 6" lower on that final interception and we are all singing a different tune. It took everything they had with a lot of help from our end to squeak out a win. I am bummed but it is better than ten years ago!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

And considering all that 6" lower on that final interception and we are all singing a different tune. It took everything they had with a lot of help from our end to squeak out a win. I am bummed but it is better than ten years ago!
Anything now is better than ten years ago...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

We got our butt kicked by a team that has players with less ability than ours.

If you don't believe it, ask our coach.

I look forward to next week against Arkansas.

RTR!

sip

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014

RTR!

sip
We were more psychical then they were. We lost but far from getting butt kicked. Mistakes, missed opportunities, turnovers, terrible play calling. We held them in check for all but 5 minutes. We called a game trying not to lose instead of playing to win. That will get you beat ask Arkansas last week.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
A moment of clarify after this loss

With the talent and coaching disparity gap, we should have won this game by 3 td's if our players execute, don't turn the ball over, and make sound decisions like throwing the ball away instead of taking a loss. This is basically the same team we beat 25-0 last yr.

We are a very good team, but we've got some glaring issues with penalties, ball security, and on-the -field decision-making that have still not been fixed and they are going to continue to cost us games if they are not corrected.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

I said all week that I would take a 1 pt. win and dang it we nearly got it. Got to get ready for the hogs now.

RT1941

1st Team
Jul 16, 2003
Montgomery, AL

I settled down, had some food, and came to this realization: this game was the Perfect Storm.

Our first true road game
QB possibly not 100%

During the game:
Special teams breakdowns

Here's the amazing part: it took EVERYTHING, all of those things, to beat us. We are truly lucky to be Bama fans these days. RTR!

We looked bad in several areas. That Florida win was fools gold.

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006

Anything now is better than ten years ago...
Right with you BamaJama. This game was very out of rhythm. I am curious if a lot of the Offensive game plan was built around #17. It just never gelled. A hurt Blake makes sense. Ball security, kicking, and back part of the D, Coach will have this where he wants it to be. Maybe Ole Miss did something's we were not prepared for. Enjoy when people are negative to this team. People win the Heisman when beating Alabama. Would I like to beat everyone 52 to 0 every week you know it! This is why the game is played. Building and taking pride in something. Who watched the 91 Florida game live. I was sick after I watched that. But what happened after that. Love my state and THE University Of Alabama.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

RTR!

sip
AGREE...
Ole Miss simply wanted a win more than we did.
We made a bunch of mistakes that combined with play calling, and injuries, we couldn't overcome.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Our first true road game
QB possibly not 100%

During the game:
Special teams breakdowns

If we win out, regardless if Ole .... losses 2 games, we will be in the playoffs. The commitee should be smart enough to know if we don't have the 3 injuries we win the game. They said they will factor in things such as injuries....

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

How about a moment of clarity?

Now, I can sit back in a recliner and really watch an Alabama game the rest of the year without being so focused and intense. Now, I will not
lay back in that recliner and snore while each game is in progress, but I will be less tense hoping for a win.

We had a sign in our high school locker room that said something to the effect: "Football is blocking and tackling, NOT wishing and hoping". We didn't do enough blocking and tackling and I can't block in my family room for our running backs, QB and receivers or tackle on defense from the same place and wishing and hoping from my family room isn't going to help.

So, what will be, will be! However I sure want them to WIN OUT! That Crimson in my veins and arteries will be there until the lights are turned out on this life.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

I hate losing as much as anybody, but no one will go unscathed in the SEC West. I can't foresee Ole Miss winning out or even losing only one more game.

That being said, we still have everything to play for and control our own destiny. There are many more tough games ahead, but our team will fight. This team still has great players and great coaches and I'm confident we will contend until the bitter end.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

We just looked like we were sleep walking the whole game. Looked like we played with no intensity or emotion. I know the guys were playing hard but we just looked out of rhythm. Not sure if it was the bye week, Kenyans injury, or what? Just didn't look ready or prepared to play??

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

We are no where near a championship team. Not even close. We make too mistakes during games to beat good teams. Coach Saban said as much after the Florida win. Two weeks later it came to fruition. We have holes in almost every category. FG kicking, kick off return, offensive line and secondary, turnovers, stupid penalties etc. You can't expect to win championships with glaring holes in that many areas of your game.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

people just need to accept that we're not as good as we have been and other teams are getting better than they were.

the talent gap and coaching gap is closing and we're sliding back into the pack.

it happens to all great teams and it's happening to us.

we're a very good and very talented team in a league with several very good and very talented teams.

the era of bama dominating everyone is officially over and people will suffer a lot less if they simply accept that rather than constantly look for nuanced reasons and minute details as to why we lose a game.

we played a good, well-coached team yesterday that played harder and more consistently than we did and we lost.

there's really nothing more to it than that.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Clarity (I think)

This season is far from over. We can still play in Atlanta in early December. Our issues can be corrected.

The best team I have seen so far is in Lee County (gag), and they looked beatable against K-State.

Far too early to abandon championship goals.

Maybe clarity is laughable when so much is not clear. ;)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.