Ole Miss fans storming the field after the game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I didn't see anything posted on this and I asked a question about it in the Post-game thread. If it's already posted then I apologize.

$50,000 fine for Ole Miss. Maybe they think it's worth it, but it's not a classy or safe thing to do for the guests team. Never happens in Bryant-Denny. Where was SECURITY? This is the AD's fault for not being prepared.

I guess it's hard to act like you've been there when you haven't. However, Ole Miss took it to the Tide during the 2nd half today. I guess that last TD in the 1st half made them mad.

Bo was good in the 2nd half.

Hopefully, Alabama will recover from this and refocus for the long haul. They are NOT out of it yet, but it's going to be a tough row to hoe as people used to say about 3 or 4 generations ago.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississipp..._miss_facing_50000_fine_for.html#incart_river

RT1941

1st Team
Jul 16, 2003
Montgomery, AL
I didn't see anything posted on this and I asked a question about it in the Post-game thread. If it's already posted then I apologize.

$50,000 fine for Ole Miss. Maybe they think it's worth it, but it's not a classy or safe thing to do for the guests team. Never happens in Bryant-Denny. Where was SECURITY? This is the AD's fault for not being prepared.

I guess it's hard to act like you've been there when you haven't. However, Ole Miss took it to the Tide during the 2nd half today. I guess that last TD in the 1st half made them mad.

Bo was good in the 2nd half.

Hopefully, Alabama will recover from this and refocus for the long haul. They are NOT out of it yet, but it's going to be a tough row to hoe as people used to say about 3 or 4 generations ago.

http://blog.gulflive.com/mississipp..._miss_facing_50000_fine_for.html#incart_river
They were ampted up for this game, they kicked out butt in the second half and they won.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
They have not beaten us since 2003 and not much throughout history. When this does happen at the ole miss' s and Kentucky's of the world they normally do the storm the field in fact Kentucky is doing it right now.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It is hard for a hundred cops to stop thousands of people running onto the field.

Let them have fun, I don't care as long as nobody gets hurt.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It is hard for a hundred cops to stop thousands of people running onto the field.

Well, I guess you are correct, especially when most of them have been tanked up from drinking ALL day in the Grove. It doesn't happen in Bryant-Denny. Why? Been there done that many, many, many many, etc. times.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Every time a team beats Alabama they storm the field. Ole Sis fans running on to the field after the game today shouldn't be a surprise.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

If any school is not going to have enough security to prevent it, at least request fans stay off the field until the Visiting Team and coaches are totally off the field.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Prior to this game, Ole Miss was 0-10 against #1 ranked teams (we were #1 in the coaches poll).

I'd say they will gladly pay the $50k and I don't think it was classless for them to storm the field. It's a huge moment in Ole Miss football history. Let the enjoy it.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
when in the history of sports has the storming of a football field been a security issue for the away team?

serious sour grapes

fact is they just went 5-0 for the first time in 52 years and beat us for the first time in over a decade...if that's not worth a storming the field, what is?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm more appalled at the Alabama fan throwing stuff at ole miss fans than kids just being kids, as long as it isn't like a Jamie's Winston thing. But seriously our bandwagon and our immature fans really give us true fans a bad name

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
To Ole Miss fans, beating Bama in an SEC game is like Bama winning the NC title. Fan(atic)s get fanatical. It''s what they (we) do. But it lasts only a few moments and is for the most part rather harmless. After all, it's their field they're messing up, not ours.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.