Link: Ol Miss celebration

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
When State won a big game a few years ago they took a goal post out and left it in the parking lot of the Pizza Hut.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I was in Clemson when they beat FSU and carried the posts through town. It wasnt 3 miles but I was impressed they got it out of the stadium considering they have ~30foot fencing. I think they flipped it sideways and wiggled it between the fence posts.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
That's nothing.

In 1990, Penn State, an underdog, beat Notre Dame *in South Bend*. Back in State College, PSU students stormed Beaver Stadium, tore down the goal posts, paraded them through downtown State College, and left them in Paterno's front yard.
Now that's impressive.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
That's nothing.

In 1990, Penn State, an underdog, beat Notre Dame *in South Bend*. Back in State College, PSU students stormed Beaver Stadium, tore down the goal posts, paraded them through downtown State College, and left them in Paterno's front yard.
Wow

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
That's nothing.

Pretty sad a program of their stature did that.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Looks like part of one of the uprights ended up at some guy's kegger:

They're all standing around thinking "OK, what do we do now?"

Last edited:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
They paraded the goal post down the street......that's KINDA impressive

http://collegespun.com/sec/mississi...tadium-into-the-streets-following-alabama-win
I don't know if they tore the goal post down in Jackson Mississippi in 1976 but that's the only game of any type I thought I might have to shoot my way out of town. At one point a crowd was around my car and they were trying to turn it over because we had Bama signs on the car.

Of course they've only beaten us 9 times in like 70 years so I guess it builds up over time.

I heard they were fined $50G's by the SEC.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Looks like part of one of the uprights ended up at some guy's kegger:

They're all standing around thinking "OK, what do we do now?"
Kind of like when a couple of dogs chase a car. One turns to another and says "Every thought about what we are going to do if we every catch it?"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.