Adam Griffith

Snake 4 Bama

Scout Team
Jan 1, 2013
Can someone who has played the position, give some insight on his misses? He not only misses the kicks, but has missed them badly. I watched him in high school and he was awesome. Also his kick offs are way to short. Could it be they made him change his technique?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Can someone who has played the position, give some insight on his misses? He not only misses the kicks, but has missed them badly. I watched him in high school and he was awesome. Also his kick offs are way to short. Could it be they made him change his technique?
He was kicking into a cross wind on at least one of them

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Anytime you kick from 45+ yards out, there is little margin for error. The snap, the hold, timing, everything has to be executed flawlessly.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
For that ball to get pulled that far to the left simply due to the wind it would have had to be dang near a hurricane type wind. He just flat out missed. It wasn't like the ball started off going toward the goal post. The two he missed were never even close from the get go.
Not saying that he was totally on point but the wind had a huge effect on the endzone that we were going towards in the 1st and 3rd. The 1st kick was affected by the wind, the second one not so much.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Not saying that he was totally on point but the wind had a huge effect on the endzone that we were going towards in the 1st and 3rd. The 1st kick was affected by the wind, the second one not so much.
It didn't appear to me the two he missed were ever on line to be good from the start. So wind or no wind. He was going to miss them.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
For that ball to get pulled that far to the left simply due to the wind it would have had to be dang near a hurricane type wind. He just flat out missed. It wasn't like the ball started off going toward the goal post. The two he missed were never even close from the get go.
My thoughts exactly,I bowled and bowled a 300 after 3 yrs then moved with my job haven't done it since.But to me there kind of one in the same leg ,arm swing, timing, you cross your body with your arm your going left same with the leg, where you make contact with the lane or the football, its all muscle memory.Lanes have different oil patterns,you kick from different positions on the field, you make adjustments. Roll Tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It didn't appear to me the two he missed were ever on line to be good from the start. So wind or no wind. He was going to miss them.
I only have game time memory and I won't watch it for a while again so you may be right. The wind was a factor in the the game this I do know. I think our kicking game needs to improve in field goals and kick coverage regardless of the wind and Scott needs to stay the course he is on

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I read the article about his background and while tough I do think it is evident that the he is still very inexperienced from a mental not so much physical. He'll been in the country 8 years and playing football for less than that. I wonder if his passion for the game is on par with physical talents? However, i truly think by the time his eligibility is finished here that he could be one of the best we have ever had.

To me yesterday shows that we are playing a lot of inexperienced players at a lot of positions even if they are upperclassmen.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I am not a kicker,But i bet you meet the ball pretty much on the same spot every time,shoulders,hips leg follows, I know some of you golf I don't but i bet it comes from hip,slegs,shoulders only in golf you grab a different club for the circumstances.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The first was just a miss. It happens. He kicked it straight and true, he was just aimed wrong. The second one was over fifty yards. Looked like he was trying to kick it really hard and ended up shanking it. Like Texas said, if you've ever played golf, you understand how that can happen.
"I don’t know, the shanks are like a virus, they just show up, nobody can figure them out."

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Anytime you kick from 45+ yards out, there is little margin for error. The snap, the hold, timing, everything has to be executed flawlessly.
If Blake had thrown the ball away instead of taking another loss, his chances may have been better.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
tough to compare fg kicking to high school because in college the goal posts are not as wide as high school. the transition from high school to college and kicking fg's is more mental IMO than physical.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.