New Coaches Poll: Bama to #7

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
within striking distance ! I think this team will win all of it's games until we play MSU. I think the MSU & AUBURN GAME will still decide the west.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
TCU 2 spots behind Oklahoma
Arizona 2 spots behind Oregon
Those are both Odd....

Ole Miss and MSU both in top 6? My brain is melting..... 4 SEC West teams in Top 7 -- how freaking crazy is that.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I'm not buying FSU at number one. They are not the best team in the country right now.

Hard to buy Ole Miss at number 4. This is not sour grapes from yesterday. Ole Miss led Memphis 7-3 in the fourth quarter last week and looked horrible doing it.

MSU at number six is also a bit of a stretch, IMO. Same team that struggled to put away UAB a few weeks ago.

The polls are a complete freaking mess this season. Which is great considering this is the first season of the playoff. A lot of people argued that a playoff would lessen the importance of the regular season and the bowl season. I think we are in for a humdinger of a finish to the regular season and the bowl season should provide for some pretty intriguing matchups this year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Higher than they deserve to be. We're too sloppy right now to be in that "playoff hunt" zone.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Ole Miss and Miss State are tied for 3rd in the new AP poll. I am not positive but I think that is the 7th sign of the apocalypse. What is even more insane is if Miss State beat the Barn next week they could be #1. We are doomed

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I like ol' clanga's chances against the barn and I'm not saying that just as a Bama fan/barn hater. I think MSU is pretty legitimate as an SEC contender. I think Ole Miss' lack of a run game is going to haunt them at some point. If not for our own inability to get out of our own way, I think that would have gotten them yesterday.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
Ole Miss and Miss State are tied for 3rd in the new AP poll. I am not positive but I think that is the 7th sign of the apocalypse. What is even more insane is if Miss State beat the Barn next week they could be #1. We are doomed
Yes but I'll slide into the fiery pits of hell smiling because the barn will have lost yet again:biggrin:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Considerably higher than I expected. Now we need to win out and hope Ole Miss loses two conference games. I think Bo can manage that.
I have NEVER pulled for the Barn to win a game, but I guess I'll have to pull for them in the Ole Miss vs Barn game. In fact I hope the Barn is undefeated when we play them (if we can win out).

I actually thought we would drop farther than that. I would possibly rank TCU above Alabama and possibly Arizona and Michigan State, but no one else.

How many undefeated teams are left? I just don't see anyone except FSU being undefeated at the end of the season. That's because of a very WEAK ACC! If/When GT plays FSU, I will be pulling for them.

All we need to do is take care of our business to reach the final 4. It's in OUR hands. Can the team do it without Drake, Kelly, et al. I don't know. Not only did we lose a game, losing players for either a few games or the rest of the season is going to hurt. We can't afford to lose anyone else. However, when someone goes down the NEXT in line just needs to step up to the plate!

With that said, I am CONFIDENT that we can do it!

One last thing! That was a BUSINESS trip this weekend! And we didn't take care of our business!

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I'm not buying FSU at number one. They are not the best team in the country right now.

Hard to buy Ole Miss at number 4. This is not sour grapes from yesterday. Ole Miss led Memphis 7-3 in the fourth quarter last week and looked horrible doing it.

MSU at number six is also a bit of a stretch, IMO. Same team that struggled to put away UAB a few weeks ago.

The polls are a complete freaking mess this season. Which is great considering this is the first season of the playoff. A lot of people argued that a playoff would lessen the importance of the regular season and the bowl season. I think we are in for a humdinger of a finish to the regular season and the bowl season should provide for some pretty intriguing matchups this year.
Where would you put Ole Miss today if you were ranking? If that win does not make you top 4 who would you put there instead? I agree FSU should not be number 1 but I would have 3 SEC west teams 1,2,3. The West is the best I have ever seen it this year. Come out of this division undefeated they should just crown you.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I like ol' clanga's chances against the barn and I'm not saying that just as a Bama fan/barn hater. I think MSU is pretty legitimate as an SEC contender. I think Ole Miss' lack of a run game is going to haunt them at some point. If not for our own inability to get out of our own way, I think that would have gotten them yesterday.
Mississippi State has now proven they can come back down to earth under control after a program altering win. Of course, the week off helped and it also turns out LSU is in a very bad spiral right now.

Ole Miss now has to prove they can do it after winning their Super Bowl, and they get no week off to recover.

I think Mississippi State is in much better position to keep their season going than Ole Miss is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.