Cecil Hurt Article

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We better watch out for Arkansas. They're not exactly a team you like seeing coming off a "bumps and bruises" type game. They played Auburn well on the road for a half then fell apart, played TAMU well enough to win for 90% of the game then fell apart on a neutral field, and now they get us at home.

I don't even know if I'd call it an upset either. They've played better than us against higher competition so far.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
We better watch out for Arkansas. They're not exactly a team you like seeing coming off a "bumps and bruises" type game. They played Auburn well on the road for a half then fell apart, played TAMU well enough to win for 90% of the game then fell apart on a neutral field, and now they get us at home.

I don't even know if I'd call it an upset either. They've played better than us against higher competition so far.
I'm pretty sure we can beat Arkansas. Which higher competition have they played than Bama? I don't count Texas A&M as higher competition. Auburn has done well but not anything special especially on par with last season.

Last edited:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Can't argue with much he said. Our team fell apart in the 4th qtr instead of putting the nail in the coffin. Despite our sloppy play, we were still in control.
Our special teams has been a detriment all season and turnovers will prevent us from becoming the team we are capable of becoming.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
Great write up by Cecil, as per usual.

I just can't comprehend the number of penalties this season. We're 58th in penalties this year...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Auburn and TAMU > Florida and Ole Miss.
Completely agree and you can add MSU being better than Florida and Ole Miss too. Unless we can make dramatic improvements IMO we only have one guaranteed win left on the schedule. We should beat UT and LSU, but again IMO, the Arkansas game is a toss up. I think the best we can do now is 10-2 or 9-3.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Completely agree and you can add MSU being better than Florida and Ole Miss too. Unless we can make dramatic improvements IMO we only have one guaranteed win left on the schedule. We should beat UT and LSU, but again IMO, the Arkansas game is a toss up. I think the best we can do now is 10-2 or 9-3.
As bad as Bama played they were still in the game until the end - and they played bad, period. I don't buy all this "OM has equal talent" bull. If they continue to play that way, they will lose to Hogs, ags, dogs and barn. If they start playing like they should they can win all the rest. Take away mistakes by both teams and Bama wins going away.
It's totally up to them (and the coaches) now; remember how bad Bama looked the last time they lost to the who's? Much worse than they did yesterday, but there wasn't the same sloppiness and carelessness-type mistakes. If they fix the mistakes they win out; if not, well, they get to decide how many more they lose.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
We may be more of a 6-8 win team. Our recruiting classes the last 3 or 4 years have not been as good as Saban's first three. We have also had bad luck with injuries this year with more likely to come.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
We may be more of a 6-8 win team. Our recruiting classes the last 3 or 4 years have not been as good as Saban's first three. We have also had bad luck with injuries this year with more likely to come.
How could you possibly know this? There have been few injuries on most teams in the West, to this point; why do you say Bama will most likely have more?

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Truth in this article. I hope with the team goals still in front of them that they learn and grow as a team from this weekend. While I think Blake Simms has demonstrated quality leadership, I think even he will step up his play as well as others. RTR

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You cannot look ahead and know an outcome. My assessment is based on the SEC after five weeks. In the SEC West, after yesterday would be:

Auburn
MSU
Ole Miss
Alabama/TAMU
Arkansas
LSU

I still see us at best 9-3 which is pretty damn good and hopefully a bowl win to finish 10-3.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Good article by Cecil. I had predicted a 10-2 regular season months ago and based on what I've seen so far I would downgrade that prediction to 9-3. I like many others did not see what happened yesterday coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.