Pick The Score: Alabama At Arkansas

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I'm over Ole' Miss, ready to move on...

Arkansas is coming off a bye and will have been preparing to host Bama for two weeks. Surely, they're licking their chops after watching us fall to Ole Miss, hoping to see a hung-over Crimson Tide limp into their home turf. But unfortunately, the Razorbacks' don't match up well with us, as their strength is our strength, and they simply don't have the tools to capitalize on our "weakness".

The Razorbacks' rushing attack ranks 11th in the country against FBS competition (ypg). But Alabama's defense is 3rd nationally at stopping the run. Meanwhile, Alabama's 23rd ranked pass defense shouldn't be challenged by an Arkansas passing game that ranks among the worst in major college football (111th).

When Bama has the ball, we should be able to run early and often, ranking 19th nationally on the ground against Arkansas' 69th ranked run defense. The mismatch through the air is even more striking, with Bama's 18th ranked passing offense able to throw at will against Arkansas' 100th ranked pass defense.

What will happen: The Razorbacks will be fired up early and may hang with the Tide for a quarter. But by the middle of the 2nd quarter, the mismatches will be too much for Arkansas' spirit to overcome. The Razorbacks have a big OL, but as a one-dimensional offense, they won't have much success when Bama puts 8 in the box to take away the ground game. With Arkansas forced to put the ball in the air, look for our DBs to redeem themselves with a pick or two. Bama may be somewhat slow to get in their groove offensively with key injuries suffered at Ole' Miss, but look for a double digit lead by halftime (24-10) with our 2s and 3s making an appearance in the 4th. Trash-time scores late in the game will stretch the final score to:

41-17

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Yep...same here. I am over the loss...been over it since last night.

I think our guys will be angry and Arkansas will be the punching bag.

We win 45-20

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I said 41-17 about the ole miss game, I won't make that mistake again. I think we win, but it might be a tough game depending on how the team bounces back. I'm guessing 27-17 bama

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Going back and reading the Ole Miss prediction thread is pretty funny.

That said, for the first time in a long time we're playing a game where we're not the big dog per se. We'll be the favorite, but Arkansas isn't looking at this game as the biggest game in recent history. That's unlike Ole Miss, Oklahoma and Auburn

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
If we've truly moved on (and I can't see why we won't):

Bama 27-10 (changed it because I'm feeling this matchup a little better)

If not:

We still win by the skin of our teeth:

Bama 20-17

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

That said, for the first time in a long time we're playing a game where we're not the big dog per se. We'll be the favorite, but Arkansas isn't looking at this game as the biggest game in recent history. That's unlike Ole Miss, Oklahoma and Auburn
I guess, but some of us predicted a loss if Bama played poorly (I was slightly off on my number of turnovers required, but the extra penalties could be substituted ;) )
And I think the hogs will be looking at this game as a statement game, insamuch as if they win everyone will know they are back.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
37-24. Arkansas has crazy play action schemes and will give us a fight, but unless they turn into a passing team and play better defense it will be a late pull away for us. I expect the emotional response will be going the other way for us with us playing flat and winning pretty much off talent and depth in this one. This game might define our season, but it could also save it too. So I'm hoping for the mad elephant with a little outside help from d aggies and the cowbells. But I think it's going to be one of those games.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I know that's right. I thought we'd beat OM by 45-14. Boy was I wrong. Now here comes Arky thinking they can do the same thing to us. Well they can, but only if we go in with our heads hung in shame and not ready for a fight. Trouble is, I don't think the Tide is going to do that. Rather, I think the Tide go in there angry as all get out and ready to take it out on whomever their opponent might be. This is not good news for Arky.

Tide 42, Arky 17

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.