Les Miles' future in Whoville

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So, just looking at things now (and things could change quickly with injuries), the who's may very well end up in last place in the West. Would the who's even dream of firing him? Or is it a foregone conclusion he is gone to Michigan and the team knows it and has given up?
Honestly, I'm not sure they can even beat Florida, but I see no way (right now) they can beat anyone else in the West, and that cannot be going down well in Whoville.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think it's a good possibility he either jumps ship to Michigan now or he rides it out and makes them fire him.

They'll beat Florida IMHO.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
LSU has some serious issues at qb.

They've basically had to start all over with the players they've lost to the draft.

They looked awful against the Barn last night. They may be the worst team in the west.

Bottom line though, they haven't been the same since we beat them in 2011 in NOLA.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm not sure you have a good feel for the Cajun Nation - I'd like to hear from anyone on here who has been to Tiger Droppings as to what they are saying.
He won a Natty with CNS' players and two losses, and as someone else said since being shutout by Bama in 12, hasn't done much of anything except go downhill. I for one am not convinced the who tribe will stay on that ride all the way to the bottom.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
My son lives in Baton Rouge and is a student at LSU (I know. I'm a failure as a parent but, in fairness, it was a bizarre set of circumstances by which he landed there).
The "Les Miles" fatigue was alive and well in the Red Stick well before this season started. The last two games haven't helped to quell the grumblings. People down there don't want to hear about "rebuilding" or the number of players that went into the draft last year. Most feel Les has under achieved in the last three years.
If Michigan does come calling, most think Les takes the call and gives it very strong consideration. And of course, the rank and file LSU fan believes that every top coach in the college and pros will stand in line for the opportunity to coach there. Yeah right......

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Their last stand was at Baton Rouge in 2012 against us. I predicted 6-6 (losing to Wisconsin )for them at the beginning of the season and that seems to be the ceiling for them now that uk and uf are very unpredictable to pick. I think people thought talent was everything in college football but that has been proven wrong. I see them losing to every team in the west and fighting for bowl eligibility.

Miles has done too much to be let go and unless they can get a big hire he will be the coach at lsu next year. As for the Michigan job they are more looking at harbaugh and shaw than les.

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
Been on Tigerdroppings. Lots of Miles hate and ridicule. Everyone wants him gone. Some say he will want to leave because his pride is hurt from all of the criticism. More intelligent posters (if such exist in LA) point out that he has a huge buy-out. Why leave when when you are making $ 4 million and have a $25 million buy-out? Why would Michigan want him? They are all crazy down there. He'll stay and they will be better next year.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I visited Tiger Droppings and they are not happy campers. They were not happy before the Aubie game. Most want him gone. I think it is as bad as Texas. One Texas fan said of Arkansas running all over Texas Tech: "Tech has no defense. We'll probably score 14 on them."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Miles has lost support from most fans. But fans don't fire people. I don't think he gets fired after this season because of the circumstances. True freshman QB, true freshman rb and several true freshman receivers playing as starters. It's hard to hold that against him. They seem to lose more to the nfl each each year than any other school in the conference. I think he gets a pass this year.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I can't see Michigan wanting him. they have to make a major run at Harbaugh and offer him whatever he wants.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I made some posts here last season speculating that he might finally have run out of momentum from what Saban built there. It's not that I think he's a bad coach, but he inherited a really well oiled machine and with some good luck and what not, managed to keep things at a high level for a while. I think we've started to see the end of what, in part due to the rise of other teams in the west.

If Michigan will have him, that might be a good fit. He can enjoy semi-retirement with Urban Meyer.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
At this point, it looks like Michigan might finally get him.

And seriously. The SEC West is stupid good this year.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
It's amazing how good their '11 team was, even with an average QB. It sometimes surprises me how what-have-you-done-for-me-lately some fan-bases can be.

Be careful what you wish for LSU, "change" is not always an improvement.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Whoever goes to Michigan better hit the ground running because Meyer and dantonio have plundered Michigans recruiting. I really don't think harbaugh would be the best hire for them with his ego and his barren trophy case doesn't really carry much weight in a very desperate time in Ann Arbor. At least les has a couple conference championships and one natty to fall behind when the booster's and all the board members try to tell him what's up. This is if either takes the job

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's amazing how good their '11 team was, even with an average QB. It sometimes surprises me how what-have-you-done-for-me-lately some fan-bases can be.

Be careful what you wish for LSU, "change" is not always an improvement.
I agree - had they beat Alabama in the BCSCG, they would probably be recognized as the best college football team in history. Go back and look at the teams that they beat that year, and almost all in huge blowouts. And they did all of this without a single Saban recruit, and while recruiting against Saban for 4 years. Amazing job.

But the loss turned the fans. Their "lovable lunatic" was now to be questioned every time he made an "odd" decision. All because the fans blamed the loss on Miles' refusal to play Mettenberger. Personally, I blame Hebert for the fans' attitude since - he took a great head coach and treated him like court jester. Their fan base has not respected Miles since.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.