Will the SEC Office Suspend Elston? (UM suspends for a half)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Will the SEC Office Suspend Elston (Olé Miss) Player?

From Neal McCready, Ole Miss Rivals reporter:

Trae Elston will be suspended for first half of the Texas A&M game due to actions against Alabama. SEC will have no further action.

@HKellenbergerCL Trae Elston has been suspended for the first half of the Texas A&M game for the kick. That's Hugh Freeze's decision, and SEC has upheld it.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Well, at least they aren't making some laughable excuse about how it was an "accident", instead, just a laughable "punishment".

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

From Neal McCready, Ole Miss Rivals reporter:

Trae Elston will be suspended for first half of the Texas A&M game due to actions against Alabama. SEC will have no further action.

@HKellenbergerCL Trae Elston has been suspended for the first half of the Texas A&M game for the kick. That's Hugh Freeze's decision, and SEC has upheld it.
O'boy...Another half-game suspension. Hugh Freeze sure is laying down the law here isn't he. CLASSLESS!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

A half game? You've got to be kidding. Our guys won't forget that cheap shot he took.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

Admittedly half a game is paltry.

But Freeze was smart to get out in front of it and make a slap-on-the-wrist gesture to see if the SEC would step in and say "not enough".

They didn't and so he get got away with his gesture.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

While they are asking questions, he should be asked who taught the defensive players to roll when they have an opposing player by the ankles. I noticed this numerous times during the game.
My wife made a similar comment during the game.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

Did we not have a player, a D lineman maybe, a couple of years back suspended for a full game and required to write a letter of apology to the opposing player that was picked up and slammed to the ground WCW style? And that player was not even injured.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

Well at least Freeze took some action. I guess Dan Mullet still doesn't see anything wrong with stomping or kicking players. Maybe Elston and Day will kick and stomp each other into oblivion during the egg bowl.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

Did we not have a player, a D lineman maybe, a couple of years back suspended for a full game and required to write a letter of apology to the opposing player that was picked up and slammed to the ground WCW style? And that player was not even injured.
Yes, it was LaMichael Fanning and you are correct. The opposing player was not injured.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I think that was purely CNS's doing. Maybe I'm wrong though.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Good for Freeze for taking action on this. I agree it should be a full game. But I am glad he at least addressed it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think that Freeze is a solid coach and he handled the pre and post game pressers with real class. I also agree with his comments about the kick - I don't think that he meant to hurt Drake. I think that he was frustrated and tried to kick the ball out of his hand. That said, I still think that a full game suspension was in order.

Glad that there was some punishment, but players need to learn to control their temper. The NFL is really cracking down on this stuff. I wonder what it will take for college football to see how much this stuff hurts the image of the players and sport.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I think a half penalty is like no penalty. Suspend him a full game or not at all. This seems like Freeze is saying I don't agree with this but I'll sit you for one half. JMO.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Good. What he did was disgusting. Should have been a whole game. Had an Ole Miss fan send me a pic at halftime of C. Jones' "facemask." I sent him a Vine of Elston stomping a screaming (you can hear him screaming on the telecast) Kenyan Drake. There was no response.

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa

"The Kick" just another of the MANY things the fine SEC refs didn't see Saturday. The fans of both schools deserved better.
Even Vern saw it and made a comment, but he let it rest because Gary didn't want to make an issue of it.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Good. What he did was disgusting. Should have been a whole game. Had an Ole Miss fan send me a pic at halftime of C. Jones' "facemask." I sent him a Vine of Elston stomping a screaming (you can hear him screaming on the telecast) Kenyan Drake. There was no response.
Evidently no response from the SEC office, either...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

All I know is Ole Miss has a butt whipping coming their way next year when they come to T-Town, I don't like some tactics they use, and hope we don't call off the dogs, next year in T-Town when we exact some revenge on them..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.