Florida True Freshman QB Treon Harris Suspended

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
You really have to feel sorry for CWM. This is totally not his fault but because it happened on his watch he'll suffer for it.
So who starts for UF against LSU?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The Tallahassee PD and FSU could learn a thing or 12 from Gainesville and the Gators.

I wonder if it will come out that the prosecutor is a FSU grad? Not saying he is prosecuting because he is a Gator player but because he is not a Seminole.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Let the investigation proceed but for me it does not look good at this point. I feel bad for the young man but what can you say.....he's an adult and has to be accountable for his actions.
Unless he resides in Tallahassee and plays for FSU.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm not going to provide a link here, but it sounds like he was framed. A girl he was dating has decided to file charge because she thought they were committed to each other, but he wasn't. So she got jealous and did this... I can't confirm this if this is true or not, but that is what i'm seeing here.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
Just got in for lunch and read about this......there goes our season....

Not to talk trash or pour salt in the wounds, but if you recall Bazza ealier in the year when we dissused how Florida would turn out this year I predicted 7-5 best case scenario and worst case being 5-7. Once again no disrespect intended.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not to talk trash or pour salt in the wounds, but if you recall Bazza ealier in the year when we dissused how Florida would turn out this year I predicted 7-5 best case scenario and worst case being 5-7. Once again no disrespect intended.
No worries, Pyro, you're good, sir.

We'll see what happens.

I've changed my opinion of Coach Boom myself since the season started but regarding how the season plays out...I think there's a lot of football left to play for the entire conference and a lot is up for grabs at this juncture.

The QB position has been the main issue we have had - that's got to be resolved somehow.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I'm not going to provide a link here, but it sounds like he was framed. A girl he was dating has decided to file charge because she thought they were committed to each other, but he wasn't. So she got jealous and did this... I can't confirm this if this is true or not, but that is what i'm seeing here.
Latest news is the tweets were spin, that after review have been deleted. I don't know anything about the incident.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Latest news is the tweets were spin, that after review have been deleted. I don't know anything about the incident.
If you read any of the spin from FSU students and fans it was very similar to what they said about Winston when his story first broke and seemed suspicious. That said, I still am waiting for the facts. Don't know what to think.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Harris' attorney released a statement today saying the accuser is a Florida athlete and the incident might involve a second UF football player. Link

The attorney representing University of Florida quarterback Treon Harris released a statement on Thursday concerning the alleged incident involving the freshman and a female student which led to his indefinite suspension while police are investigating.

The female has alleged sexual assault but no charges have been filed. FLORIDA TODAY has learned that the accuser is a University of Florida athlete. Multiple sources have also said a second person who also had sexual relations with the alleged victim that night is also a Florida football player.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The last part reads:

Misstatements in the media to date have painted a picture that is inconsistent with the evidence. That said, we have fully cooperated with this investigation. Mr. Harris agreed to a search of his dorm room. Mr. Harris agreed to a search of his phone. Mr. Harris gave a voluntary statement to law enforcement. We have turned over at least six (6) eyewitnesses to the events in questions to law enforcement. We have turned over the text messages to law enforcement. We have suggested to law enforcement multiple locations from which they should secure video surveillance. We have provided law enforcement with information gathered from the Internet that this young woman posted on Sunday, after the alleged misconduct, where she is smiling and happy. There is no indication of any physical or mental trauma.

We have previously indicated that we do not believe that Mr. Harris will be arrested or prosecuted. That is because of our experience and the facts of this case. He is not guilty of a crime and he did not mistreat this young lady in any way that night.
The police department is still trying to finalize their report so we just have to continue to wait to see how it all ends up.

What a mess - I hope ALL college students and in particular student athletes learn from this....

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The last part reads:

The police department is still trying to finalize their report so we just have to continue to wait to see how it all ends up.

What a mess - I hope ALL college students and in particular student athletes learn from this....
Me too Bazza, but I kind of thought they would learn from the Winston mess last year.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Me too Bazza, but I kind of thought they would learn from the Winston mess last year.
Sadly, the only thing they would have learned from the Winston incident is that they can do it and get away with it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.