Bama #2 in ESPN's FPI (football power index)...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Nope, the Barn and MSU will both beat OM. Basically, if want any change of making it to the playoff, we have to win out and OM has to lose twice.
OM does not have to lose twice. If OM loses once and Bama wins out, Bama is in the playoffs. At #7, Bama keeps winning and goes up as each team loses. If OM ties Bama for the west with one loss, they go to the SECCG. Win or lose there, Bama is in the playoffs. Look at who is ahead of Bama; Bama beats the barn, no way can the barn be ranked higher. So who would your top four be? Whoever loses between ND/FSU falls outside the top four, IMO.
OM only has to lose twice for Bama to win the west and go to Atlanta; Bama wins out and they are going to the playoffs, IMO.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
You keep saying "if Bama wins out, they are in the playoff" like it's a guarantee. IMO, it's highly unlikely Bama makes it into the playoffs without winning the SEC.

You also said "if OM ties Bama for the west with one loss, they go to the SECCG." Do you mean "they" as in OM or Bama? In that scenario it would be OM. I just don't see Bama making it in without winning the SEC. Yes I realized it's happened before, but need I remind you the backlash from that is why we're in this mess to begin with.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.