Stay classy, ut - chancellor and AD apologize for fan behavior...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The problem with this occurrence was apparently (from friends who were at the game) it wasn't confined to the student section. My neighbor said it sounded like about 100k fans were screaming it...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I didn't see an apology in his statement. It was more like "OK, we said something bad and we expect it won't happen again." Maybe this time it was so loud it was heard on TV and now all of a sudden it's an embarrassment?

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
What are they going to do? that is there fan base. They have the alchemy problem or making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. That is vol land. They can change it by banning about 80% of their fan base. Or just keep apologizing and winking.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The problem with this occurrence was apparently (from friends who were at the game) it wasn't confined to the student section. My neighbor said it sounded like about 100k fans were screaming it...
yeah, i don't mind blue language so much, but you have to realize, there are times and places where it is appropriate/allowable.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It especially chaps me that everyone was so offended that we can no longer do the Rammer Jammer except once at the end of the game, apparently because "we're going to beat the @#$% out of you" was far too off color to be heard four or five times a game. Seriously?

And on the same topic, there needs to something with a little more teeth to it than $50,000 to get colleges to keep people off the field. It's dangerous -- for the fans themselves, for the players, for the coaches, etc. Sooner or later someone is going to get killed. I guess that is what it will finally take, then everyone will act shocked that it happened.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Here's how to stop the profane cheers. Just say if it happens again, no student tickets will be given out for the next game.

I used to live in Knoxville and still have a few Facebook friends up there. One guy I know posted right after the game how embarrassed he was to hear that on TV and apologized. Someone else (not somebody I know) said that what Muschamp said was equally classless. I must have missed Muschamp dropping the f-bomb in his interview. Also, his remarks were in response to the obscene cheers. I also had a barn friend post how classless Muschamp was for what he said.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
So we agree; order of degree, not of magnitude.
Well, if your point is there are groups of fans among all fan bases that use these sort sod terms and chants, then yes, we agree.

That any other school has ever had to publicly address the behavior due to the widespread nature - well, that's the entire point here.

Not a black and white issue.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Here's how to stop the profane cheers. Just say if it happens again, no student tickets will be given out for the next game.

I used to live in Knoxville and still have a few Facebook friends up there. One guy I know posted right after the game how embarrassed he was to hear that on TV and apologized. Someone else (not somebody I know) said that what Muschamp said was equally classless. I must have missed Muschamp dropping the f-bomb in his interview. Also, his remarks were in response to the obscene cheers. I also had a barn friend post how classless Muschamp was for what he said.
they could also hardwire the bleachers and send electric shocks throughout the offending sections. come to think of it, that might work for rocky top too.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
yeah, i don't mind blue language so much, but you have to realize, there are times and places where it is appropriate/allowable.
Exactly.
I've certainly said the F word and other bad language more than once. :wink: But, there are times and places for everything. When I'm watching a Bama game on tv by myself in the den and something I don't like happens, I might scream out a colorful word, but if my 8 year old granddaughter was laying in the floor with a coloring book...probably not. Sometimes you just gotta filter yourself.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
Unfortunately, the Bama student section chanted "____you, LSU" during the past two home games with them. Of course, this was after they got away with some major calls both times, but still...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
they could also hardwire the bleachers and send electric shocks throughout the offending sections. come to think of it, that might work for rocky top too.
No. That would require a central nervous system/brain.Accordingly, wouldn't work on 10RC fans. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.