Stay classy, ut - chancellor and AD apologize for fan behavior...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I too have been to Knoxville several times and, unfortunately, only once (back in '92) have I not heard that chant from the ut student section. We've sat in the upper deck, behind the 'Bama band, hasn't mattered, the chant has been clearly audible. Another example of how sour the rivalry has become.

BamaRV

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2007
Roswell, GA
Ole Miss students were chanting it Saturday so it's become pretty common unfortunately.

Of course, they had some great fans that day. Nothing but positives to say about the trip.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
I go every other year and it's just what they do every time. I prepared my son for it when he was 11. I warned him about the language collectively and individually. His comment as we left was "dad you told me it would be bad, but I didn't know that it would be the women"

true story

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Don't we aim an f-bomb or two at AU during Dixieland Delight? Perhaps not as bad, but by orders of degree rather than of magnitude...
*sigh*

There's always one...

Have we ever seen it so bad it was clearly audible on TV and the president and AD had to apologize for it?

I didn't think so...

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
I've been to LSU the past three times and their student section chanted a solid "____ you Bama" each time, and even once "____ you Saban" rather emphatically.

The f-bomb during Dixieland Delight didn't start until a few years ago when I was a freshman, and it was only a few students, but it's unfortunately caught on with plenty more. At least they normally do it during a TV timeout.....

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I too have been to Knoxville several times and, unfortunately, only once (back in '92) have I not heard that chant from the ut student section. We've sat in the upper deck, behind the 'Bama band, hasn't mattered, the chant has been clearly audible. Another example of how sour the rivalry has become.
I was at the game in Knoxvegas in 92 sitting in the east upper deck next to the student section and they were chanting it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mob behavior, plus alcohol and youth. Sad, but not totally unexpected in our society today.

As for the "apology" - I didn't see one in that statement. Maybe he apologized, but it was not included in the linked article.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Mob behavior, plus alcohol and youth. Sad, but not totally unexpected in our society today.

As for the "apology" - I didn't see one in that statement. Maybe he apologized, but it was not included in the linked article.
i remember hearing many crude and crass things from the student section when i first started going to games as a kid in the late 70's. its not just "society today"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
i remember hearing many crude and crass things from the student section when i first started going to games as a kid in the late 70's. its not just "society today"
I agree - same at OSU in the 80's. By "today" I didn't mean this group of kids, but this probably doesn't happen in the 50's. Then again, I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe I am just getting too old to relate.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree - same at OSU in the 80's. By "today" I didn't mean this group of kids, but this probably doesn't happen in the 50's. Then again, I wouldn't know for sure. Maybe I am just getting too old to relate.
once those kids started wearing blue jeans and listening to rock music, it started going down hill ;)

just to add: i am not condoning what the ut fans did, young and drunk are generally highly correlated with stupid and classless, especially in large numbers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.