The Arkansas Test

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think this game against Arkansas in a few days is absolutely perfect for us given the loss at Ole Miss. It's good enough of a challenge to see where we're at and heading. But it's also one we should not lose if we are serious about changing our play and making a run. The rest of the season starts now :) ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I will be there doing my part from the visitor's section. My gut tells me our young men come out angry and play with their hair on fire and put a whoopin on the piggies. Roll Tide!

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I think this game against Arkansas in a few days is absolutely perfect for us given the loss at Ole Miss. It's good enough of a challenge to see where we're at and heading. But it's also one we should not lose if we are serious about changing our play and making a run. The rest of the season starts now :) ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
I love the enthusiasm. Arkansas is a running team; stopping the run is CNS trademark. I suspect we will be a lot happier this Saturday than the last one.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I'm fairly confident OM is going to lay an egg in College Station (angry Aggie team .v. a eam coming off a highly emotional win) and we know better about rooting against Auburn as they travel to Starkville. If Alabama comes back and reestablishes their identity then the world of the SEC West stabilize. Bama can make the loss to OM look fluky with a statement win over Arkansas.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Thanks for not going, they have a better chance at winning now.
I actually like Fayetteville. The fans are a bit quirky. They have the biggest dang pig I have ever seen. There are some decent places to eat and drink there. I like the area.
But, you are welcome, won't be going back any time soon.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I'm fairly confident OM is going to lay an egg in College Station (angry Aggie team .v. a eam coming off a highly emotional win) and we know better about rooting against Auburn as they travel to Starkville. If Alabama comes back and reestablishes their identity then the world of the SEC West stabilize. Bama can make the loss to OM look fluky with a statement win over Arkansas.
We definitely need a big win over the Hogs if we can manage it. The mounting injuries worry me a lot. If the left side of line is Cam, Shank, and Bozeman that is an awful different equation than Cam, Arie, and Kelly.

But I do wonder if OM has been focused all season on just beating Alabama and thinking if they managed it they'd have clear sailing. I could see the game in College Station being a track meet and the last one with the ball wins. If I had to bet, though, I'd bet that OM's DBs play just well enough to beat the Aggies. A&M needs to hope that Bo regresses to the mean on the road....

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I actually like Fayetteville. The fans are a bit quirky. They have the biggest dang pig I have ever seen. There are some decent places to eat and drink there. I like the area.
But, you are welcome, won't be going back any time soon.
Are there lots of places where you can get a good pulled pork sandwich or a bacon/lettuce/tomato sandwich?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
For years and years, the Arkansas game was a barometer of Alabama's season. Will be again this year.
Except that if we beat them again this year it is just confirmation we can stop a power rushing attack, which is actually our bread and butter.

We win, it is expected and then the questions still remain about defending the HUNH.

However, if we lose to the piggies, the message is our team is going through a rebuilding year and we may lose a couple more.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Last time I went was 2004.
I did eat barbecue, but I don't recall where.

I was at that game in '04. Brodie blew his knee out the week before and that transfer from Miami made his first start. That was an ugly game and a somber drive home. How many QB's did we go through that year? We played a walk on QB against Georgia, who's name escapes me. Glad those times are over. Losing to OLE Sis this past weekend was painful, but thinking about where this program is now compared to ten years ago keeps me from getting too overwhelmed with a single loss. Roll Tide!

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I was at that game in '04. Brodie blew his knee out the week before and that transfer from Miami made his first start. That was an ugly game and a somber drive home. How many QB's did we go through that year? We played a walk on QB against Georgia, who's name escapes me. Glad those times are over. Losing to OLE Sis this past weekend was painful, but thinking about where this program is now compared to ten years ago keeps me from getting too overwhelmed with a single loss. Roll Tide!
I agree. I graduated in 2003. The three football years prior to that were mediocre.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. Does anyone ever really wonder where Mike Price these days? I personally think he would have gotten our program into a lot of trouble.

Coach Saban is the best thing that has happened To UA since the Bear.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I love the enthusiasm. Arkansas is a running team; stopping the run is CNS trademark. I suspect we will be a lot happier this Saturday than the last one.
yeah if it was different circumstances such as them not losing to a&m I would be 100% behind this statement, but Arkanasas had a week off to get amped up. They also have plenty of trick and weird play action passing plays that are probably going to back our defense away from the line. The one good thing is that our offense should be able to consistantly move the ball, but if we get behind two scores I seriously doubt Arkansas makes the same mistakes they did 2 weeks ago. If it goes how I think it is going to be a repeat of the 2010 game with them, but I hope it isnt.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
iirc, by the latter part of the season (2004), we almost had no one in the offensive backfield that had started the season higher than 3rd string.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.