Saban PC: Altee Tenpenny to take Drake's spot as the 3rd running back

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
We are going through running backs like paper towels. Yeldon, hamstring, Henry, shoulder, Drake (ugh), Jones, finger -- take care of yourself Altee. Hope you run wild on your home state's team....

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
We are going through running backs like paper towels. Yeldon, hamstring, Henry, shoulder, Drake (ugh), Jones, finger -- take care of yourself Altee. Hope you run wild on your home state's team....
Times like this I recall the numerous "We are loaded at runing back" posts from others. Hard to be loaded or overloaded in a league as physical as the SEC.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
How great would it be to see Tenpenny have a breakout game this weekend in his home state?

We need a feel-good story like that. It's been, what? Two weeks since we've had one? We're due. :)

Seriously, hope Altee does have a breakout game.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
The worrisome thing to me is that while we have other very good running back candidates (Tenpenny a good case in point) we do NOT have anyone who can bring to the line what Drake did. It will be a test of Kiffin to see what he can do, deprived of Drake as an offensive weapon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Meh, he's alright. Theres a reason he's 5th string when everyone is healthy. He'll be fresh legs, but he's not Drake's doppelgänger. He should be a solid RB to spell the top 2 guys, nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, he was only the seventh best running back in the class of 2013, and he only runs a sub-4.40. I'd say he's "alright."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yeah, he was only the seventh best running back in the class of 2013, and he only runs a sub-4.40. I'd say he's "alright."
I'm sure he's very good, but CoachJeff has a point - if Drake didn't lose his position with his ball-security issues, he must've brought something to the table to overcome that.

I hope Tenpenny becomes the next great Bama back, and he has 100% of my support, but to assume there isn't a drop off (perhaps a significant one) from Drake to AT is likely wishful thinking.

Fingers crossed, though...

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
How great would it be to see Tenpenny have a breakout game this weekend in his home state?

We need a feel-good story like that. It's been, what? Two weeks since we've had one? We're due. :)

Seriously, hope Altee does have a breakout game.
I thought the same thing! Tenpenny, or Dime as Coach Steele calls him :) , (Get it? Haha) is a very nice young man. Always polite and always smiling. I'd love for him to have a breakout weekend. He's been so unselfish waiting his turn and contributing however he can. Roll Tide to him!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Why do you think he was 5th string? Could it be because he's not as good as the guys ahead of him?

I hope he gets 200 yards Saturday. I would love nothing more than for him to be the lead story after the game. But thus far he's shown nothing spectacular. He certainly doesn't have Drakes skill set.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.