Bruce Jenner Update

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/04/why-bruce-jenner-can-never-be-a-woman/

Not every girl has such an embarrassing story [like the author's], but each one remembers. They know what it’s like to grow up and become a woman, and those experiences are integral to shaping their feminine identity—and an identity that is rooted in their nature, in their genes, not in their fantasies. It’s something no transgender man can ever know. He might become an imitation of woman with artificial breasts and hormone injections, but he will never be a girl who became a woman—and that is all the difference in the world.
The celebration of Jenner “becoming a woman” is a fantasy. It’s artificial. It’s make-believe. It’s not authentic at all. It’s a mirage. Jenner has always fantasized that he’s a woman, dreaming of the possibilities of becoming what he imagines himself to be. But possibilities in life are only fantasies when they aren’t rooted in something real. You can’t become a woman without being a girl, complete with XX chromosomes that determine our sex. The man posing as a woman on the cover of Vanity Fair is a delusional mockery of every woman who knows what it’s like to be a girl with all the pains, humiliations, and joys of actually growing up and becoming a woman—and each one of us, in different ways, has faced it bravely through every stage.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've mostly stayed off this thread but just one more observation:

Bruce now has what every single straight guy on the planet wants - access 24/7.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I've mostly stayed off this thread but just one more observation:

Bruce now has what every single straight guy on the planet wants - access 24/7.
I saw a movie or TV show once where a girl asked her boyfriend what he would do if he woke up tomorrow as a woman. He said, "I'd probably spend the first week or so playing with my breasts." :rofl:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
don't hold your breath, society loves a train wreck. it is crap stories like this that make me fear the future and really hate this country.
Hmmm. I must be in a different part of society than you. The last thing my family wants or needs is for me to become a ''train wreck'' the likes of which as is Bruce Jenner. I'd likely find myself both divorced and homeless before the sun set the next day.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/opinion/sunday/what-makes-a-woman.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0

Let me get this right: The word “vagina” is exclusionary and offers an extremely narrow perspective on womanhood, so the 3.5 billion of us who have vaginas, along with the trans people who want them, should describe ours with the politically correct terminology trans activists are pushing on us: “front hole” or “internal genitalia”?

Even the word “woman” has come under assault by some of the very people who claim the right to be considered women. The hashtags #StandWithTexasWomen, popularized after Wendy Davis, then a state senator, attempted to filibuster the Texas Legislature to prevent passage of a draconian anti-abortion law, and #WeTrustWomen, are also under attack since they, too, are exclusionary.
Nail polish does not a woman make.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Hmmm. I must be in a different part of society than you. The last thing my family wants or needs is for me to become a ''train wreck'' the likes of which as is Bruce Jenner. I'd likely find myself both divorced and homeless before the sun set the next day.
Why did you think I was talking specifically about you and your family?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Why did you think I was talking specifically about you and your family?
You misunderstand my post. I was inserting myself in there as a part of the society to which I think you are referring.

And maybe I misunderstood yours a bit also. Maybe you meant that folks like seeing a train wreck, but not necessarily want to be a part of it?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I saw a movie or TV show once where a girl asked her boyfriend what he would do if he woke up tomorrow as a woman. He said, "I'd probably spend the first week or so playing with my breasts." :rofl:
I saw that, too - and now I'm ticked because I can't remember what it was - but yeah, I saw that, too.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Slightly off topic but I used to draw blood. What was funny was to get some teenage girl in there to draw her blood. I whip it out (the needle) and get ready to poke her (the jokes write themselves, folks) and she says, "Oh, that's so big" I'm standing there thinking, "Well, you clearly haven't had sex yet."

Another side funny:

Back in 2010 I ran a pregnancy test on a patient. It came up positive, no big deal. I was doing other work. About an hour later someone asked me to run the QUANTIATIVE HCG (this tells how pregnant they are - weeks). I didn't think much about it but put it on. Then someone came behind me and began checking my work. I asked what the problem was and she said, "The girl is a virgin." Yeah, we've all heard that one - except this was a woman in her 30s with no reason to lie. We ran the quant and it came back low enough to be negative. Now we had a problem. We have two tests and the screen calls it positive if its >25 but the instrument (more sensitive) calls it negative below 6. What do we do now?

Meanwhile, I have to report to my boss what is going on and we're re-checking the science and I ask the boss how the patient is doing. She said, "Oh, she's walking around the ER with her arms outstretched and shouting to everyone, "I'M HAVING GOD'S BABY - IT'S THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION!" (Set aside her flawed theological misunderstanding for now).

At least she was laughing about it.

The fact is that some women make HCG at a higher level than 0 naturally so when they do something like the HCG diet or some other things, it can give a false positive. My thought at the time? At least this wasn't some 13-year old girl whose Daddy works for the toughest law firm in the DFW area.

Everyone laughed when it was over but it was scary at the time.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Slightly off topic but I used to draw blood. What was funny was to get some teenage girl in there to draw her blood. I whip it out (the needle) and get ready to poke her (the jokes write themselves, folks) and she says, "Oh, that's so big" I'm standing there thinking, "Well, you clearly haven't had sex yet."

Another side funny:

Back in 2010 I ran a pregnancy test on a patient. It came up positive, no big deal. I was doing other work. About an hour later someone asked me to run the QUANTIATIVE HCG (this tells how pregnant they are - weeks). I didn't think much about it but put it on. Then someone came behind me and began checking my work. I asked what the problem was and she said, "The girl is a virgin." Yeah, we've all heard that one - except this was a woman in her 30s with no reason to lie. We ran the quant and it came back low enough to be negative. Now we had a problem. We have two tests and the screen calls it positive if its >25 but the instrument (more sensitive) calls it negative below 6. What do we do now?

Meanwhile, I have to report to my boss what is going on and we're re-checking the science and I ask the boss how the patient is doing. She said, "Oh, she's walking around the ER with her arms outstretched and shouting to everyone, "I'M HAVING GOD'S BABY - IT'S THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION!" (Set aside her flawed theological misunderstanding for now).

At least she was laughing about it.

The fact is that some women make HCG at a higher level than 0 naturally so when they do something like the HCG diet or some other things, it can give a false positive. My thought at the time? At least this wasn't some 13-year old girl whose Daddy works for the toughest law firm in the DFW area.

Everyone laughed when it was over but it was scary at the time.
That's awesome! The only thing that would make it better is if the girl's name was Mary.

One of my best friends is a girl I've known for almost 30 years. Her husband was a known playa' in his younger years, and before they got married, she made him take a VD test. She was mainly concerned about AIDS. Flash forward about 10 years and they're going through fertility treatments. She's waiting in an exam room for test results from some pretty comprehensive blood work. A nurse walks in and informs her that she has Gonorrhea. She COMPLETELY freaks out and calls her husband screaming and calling him every name in the book. It turns out that the nurse walked into the wrong exam room.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That's awesome! The only thing that would make it better is if the girl's name was Mary.

One of my best friends is a girl I've known for almost 30 years. Her husband was a known playa' in his younger years, and before they got married, she made him take a VD test. She was mainly concerned about AIDS. Flash forward about 10 years and they're going through fertility treatments. She's waiting in an exam room for test results from some pretty comprehensive blood work. A nurse walks in and informs her that she has Gonorrhea. She COMPLETELY freaks out and calls her husband screaming and calling him every name in the book. It turns out that the nurse walked into the wrong exam room.
its an aside, but i remember right after the galleria opened in b-ham, my grandmother asked us if we had gone to the new gonorrhea yet. the laugh was worth the slap upside the head i got from the parents for laughing at her.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Obviously even if it was I couldn't tell ya but - it wasn't. And you're right.

Here's another one - not so funny.

Here's what you have to know to get this: bacteria is prelim reported based on a Gram stain. Positives are purple, negatives are red - and there are different forms (rods, cocci, spirochetes, filamentous, etc). If you see a Gram negative diplococci on a MALE urethral stain - it is diagnostic for gonorrhea. You still have to work up the drug resistances but it's diagnostic. Note I said on a male - there's a reason for that. Women have normal flora in the vagina that stains as gram negative diplococci so you have to do the full workup.

One weekend I reported out gram negative diplo on a female. No big thing. She was 15 - maybe, maybe not. But then the stupid ER doctor got his facts wrong and wound up telling a virgin she had gonorrhea, which sent her father into serious orbit. It was ** so he couldn't sue but man oh man - I felt for that guy and I didn't even have a kid yet.

One of my favorites.......they really have no business letting parents sit in there with the teenage girl. What's she gonna say? Yeah, I'm getting some? Not most of the time and surely not in the Bible Belt. So one day a girl's preg test comes up positive and the Mom says, "That's impossible, she's a virgin." At that point the doc got up and walked over to the window. The Mom asked what he was doing there and he said, "Just looking for a star."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
She's obviously also not ever had a liver biopsy. Or a kidney dye test...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.