Bruce Jenner Update

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You misunderstand my post. I was inserting myself in there as a part of the society to which I think you are referring.

And maybe I misunderstood yours a bit also. Maybe you meant that folks like seeing a train wreck, but not necessarily want to be a part of it?
exactly what I meant. this world would be a better place if all these reality TV nut jobs and attention seeking faux celebrities just went away forever.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Or a bone marrow biopsy (ouch!)
several years back, i had to have a spinal tap after 5 days of a super high fever with accompanying migranes. the fever delerium made it seem horrible. they wouldn't give me anything for pain until after the spinal tap.

luckily, ive never had to do a bone marrow biopsy

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
several years back, i had to have a spinal tap after 5 days of a super high fever with accompanying migranes. the fever delerium made it seem horrible. they wouldn't give me anything for pain until after the spinal tap.

luckily, ive never had to do a bone marrow biopsy
Yep that's awful.

We had a 20-year old with leukemia who looked like a Marine. Not an ounce of fat on him. We had to do a bone marrow - no fat around the iliac crest where doc was going. That look of pain on his face plus my memory? Oh dear........it's the only time I've ever had to leave the room.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Growing Up Trans - Frontline presentation

FYI:
Just a generation ago, it was adults, not kids, who changed genders. But today, many children are transitioning, too -- with new medical options, and at younger and younger ages. In "Growing Up Trans," a 90-minute special airing June 30 on PBS, FRONTLINE takes viewers on an intimate and eye-opening journey inside the struggles and choices facing transgender kids and their families.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/growing-up-trans/
This is scheduled to broadcast on PBS June 30 in most markets. I hope it goes into explaining the causes as well as the remedies. Frontline usually does a very good job with investigative reporting.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
But enough about David Sweat......
But, if he makes the border, as they were clearly intending, will Canada extradite him without a "No death penalty" clause? Personally, I believe he will commit suicide, knowing what the rest of his life in prison will be that. That's exactly what Matt did - by cop...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Growing Up Trans - Frontline presentation

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

"Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder."

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

http://www.wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

"Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder."
He's obviously just a bigot with an agenda......with a non-accepting mental disorder of his own.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Hmmm...that sounds common sensical. Who'd a thunk it?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So Jenner won the Arthur Ashe Courage Award and will presented with the trophy at the next ESPY's.

Report: Caitlyn Jenner's camp pitched ESPY award in exchange for PR plugs

ESPN's annual ESPY Awards show generally comes and goes with little controversy.

Until this year, that is.

Caitlyn Jenner, the former Olympic champion decathlete, will be awarded the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at Wednesday night's event which will be televised on ABC. Abby Wambach, a member of the U.S. women's national soccer team that just won the World Cup, will present Jenner with the award.

According to a new report, Jenner's ESPY award originated as a pitch from her representatives to ESPN. Per RadarOnline, Jenner's camp suggested to the network that she receive the award and offered public relations plugs on her upcoming reality show in return.

"They suggested that she receive the Arthur Ashe award,” a source told the website. “It was a brilliant move because the executives at ESPN loved the idea, and immediately began making sure it got done. Caitlyn’s journey to accepting the award will also be featured on her upcoming reality show, 'I am Cait.'”
I'm just flabbergasted by this news!!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Agreed. The whole thing was a sham, great people who actually deserved to get honored were overlooked in favor of a PR stunt.

Disgusting, IMO.
When he started to speak, I dont' know if I was expecting him to talk like a girl....but hearing his voice come out of that face....I had to change the channel.....

Are we loving the "new normal" yet?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.