Bruce Jenner Update

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
"If Bruce Jenner goes missing will they put his picture on a carton of half and half?"

Saw this earlier and had to share.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://pjmedia.com/andrewklavan/2015/04/26/jenners-gender-exposes-leftist-nonsense/?singlepage=true

Leftists have made a cause of transgenderism, but transgenderism makes a nonsense of many leftist tenets. For instance, leftist feminism depends on the assumption that there is no inherent difference between men and women and that therefore any inequality in their lives must be the product of bigotry and should be corrected by law. But if there is no inherent difference between men and women, what can it possibly mean to be transgender? When Jenner tells an interviewer: “I am a woman,” how does he know? Since, until he started fiddling with it, his body was a man’s body, he can only mean that he feels a mental or spiritual difference within him that he identifies as womanly. I only wish that more feminists felt that!

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
So Jenner won the Arthur Ashe Courage Award and will presented with the trophy at the next ESPY's.

First of all, I get it, who cares about some lame award. But I still can't help but say something.

Courage?

Courage means: "Strength in the face of pain or grief."

Who's giving Jenner grief?

Hollywood? No, they're the most accepting crowd in the history of mankind.
His family? No, they're as supportive as any family I've seen facing this.
The media? No, they've been parading Jenner in front of the cameras for ratings.
The sports world? No, they've been patting Jenner on the back every chance they get.
Random internet comments? Yes.

So, from what I can tell, we're giving out awards for courage now based on the reactions of people on the internet? That's the only faction of people I've seen who have given Jenner any grief over this. Has the meaning of the word courage changed?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Yeah, you nailed it.

My primary thought: I don't care.
My libertarian thought: He can do what he wants.
My personal opinion: Seems like he actually feels this way (I thought it was a pure publicity stunt at first), but it's still a publicity stunt, given the way he is handling it. To be more controversial, I also don't understand why the whole transgender thing isn't considered a mental illness. I assume that part of the reason is the abuse of that standard as it was applied to gays for decades. But when a man says that he wants to cut of his...well, you know...I think maybe we should give him some help instead of handing him a knife and encouraging him.
It's weird because if someone said "I really want to cut off my arm," they'd immediately be sent for a psych eval.

"I really want to cut off my left foot."

"Hey man, have you ever thought about seeing a psychologist?"

"I really want to cut off my penis."

"Good for you! Love the courage you're showing."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, you nailed it.

My primary thought: I don't care.
My libertarian thought: He can do what he wants.
My personal opinion: Seems like he actually feels this way (I thought it was a pure publicity stunt at first), but it's still a publicity stunt, given the way he is handling it. To be more controversial, I also don't understand why the whole transgender thing isn't considered a mental illness. I assume that part of the reason is the abuse of that standard as it was applied to gays for decades. But when a man says that he wants to cut of his...well, you know...I think maybe we should give him some help instead of handing him a knife and encouraging him.
Actually, when asked about that, he said that he had not, didn't know if he ever would and considered it a private matter. (IOW, we'll never know.)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If I were Mama Kardashian, I'd be wondering what was really going through his mind, all those years they were having sex. Puzzling to me is that he had already started on hormone therapy when he met her and went off them. Unless he told her, I consider that to be profoundly dishonest...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.