Link: Miss St AD issues warning to Bulldog fans about cowbells.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
When I hear someone from my home state say "Mitippi Tate" and grumble about how the refereeing world is against them, I feel they are deserving of some solace and pleasure in life. It is the cowbell.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Translation: The $25,000 check for the artificial noisemaker rule is written and already in the envelope, but we are trying to appear that we did all we could to deter people for using them irresponsibly.

The hilarity of this will be if the boogs that take cowbells get AU a fine as well.
Exactly. That was nothing but a reminder from the AD not to leave your cowbell at home, because he's already paying the fine. Makes me wonder if they are started to get concerned about it. When they only won three games a year and had about 40,000 in the stands, everyone else just ignored it....

I went to see their bowl game against Wake Forest. The guy sitting in front of me had FOUR cowbells -- a handle with a cowbell on either end, one in each hand. His wife only had two cowbells. They wore earplugs. It was obnoxious (at least that's how I can describe it and keep my posting privileges).

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
So, just what is 'Cowbell Etiquette'????

Make sure your pinky is extended?
Make sure at least one overall strap is buttoned?

How do you 'Ring Responsibly'???

Make sure the bell is NOT still tied to your cow's neck?
Don't ring and drive your tractor at the same time?

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I've said it before and I will say it once more. The use of a cowbell is an artificial noise maker. Artificial noisemakers are not allowed in the SEC, with this one exception. If the SEC has a rule, it should apply equally across the board, no exceptions. If MS ST is allowed to use these things, every school should be allowed their choice of artificial noisemakers.
I posted this a couple of years back when they were not doing so well in football, so their recent success has no bearing on my opinion.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Translation: The $25,000 check for the artificial noisemaker rule is written and already in the envelope, but we are trying to appear that we did all we could to deter people for using them irresponsibly.

The hilarity of this will be if the boogs that take cowbells get AU a fine as well.
Yup just like they do every year.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Just saw this posted on Facebook by a Mitippi Tate fan. They are striving for restraint. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.