Georgia Suspends Todd Gurley for NCAA Violations

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
Since when has that mattered. What would happen if Gurley was from a well to do family and lawyered up with a high dollar attorney? You think he'd get to skate like JFF? That's my problem with the rules.
I feel ya, but that's the criminal justice system in a nutshell. Those with money have more power. It doesn't change the fact that the rules are in place, and he violated them. If you were to take a poll I believe a large majority of us would agree that players deserve to make money off of their own likeness.

Whatever happens, the NCAA need to find some kind of consistency in enforcing these things, or just leave it alone all together.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Since when has that mattered. What would happen if Gurley was from a well to do family and lawyered up with a high dollar attorney? You think he'd get to skate like JFF? That's my problem with the rules.
Technically, that's not a problem with the rules. It's a problem with the enforcement of the rules.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i agree that the rules are stupid, but they are still the rules and gurley knows what they are.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
At least they are losing him at a not so bad time. Georgia will have no problem with Missouri. However, they need him back by the time they play Kentucky. Stoops has done a remarkable job there and Kentucky is going to give Georgia a run for their money, even with Gurley. Without Gurley, I could see Kentucky winning that one.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
At least they are losing him at a not so bad time. Georgia will have no problem with Missouri. However, they need him back by the time they play Kentucky. Stoops has done a remarkable job there and Kentucky is going to give Georgia a run for their money, even with Gurley. Without Gurley, I could see Kentucky winning that one.
Missouri's a pretty darn good football team, and Georgia isn't exactly "King of the Road"..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Source: NCAA violation likely to end Gurley’s season

A person familiar with the NCAA investigation of the possible violations by Georgia running back Todd Gurley told the AJC on Friday that it’s a “significant” case of the sale of memorabilia and that Gurley is unlikely to be cleared to return to the field this season.

Unlike the case involving Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, the source says, there is evidence that wasn’t available in the Manziel case that implicates Gurley. Manziel got a half-game punishment last season to start the year.

Other sources familiar with the investigation say a determination of punishment should be made by early next week.
Now, let's discuss how little Todd Gurley thinks he's worth...

Gurley is alleged to have received $400 to sign 80 pieces of memorabilia on the Georgia campus this past spring, according to several media reports.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Missouri's a pretty darn good football team, and Georgia isn't exactly "King of the Road"..
On the one hand, Indiana beat Missouri in Columbia and Indiana stinks like rotten fish in a metal trashcan on a 100 degree summer day. But, on the other hand every week is like a different season this year.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Not so sure about that. A noon road game with their best player absent. I thought this was a trap game for them anyway.
Yeah, with Gurley out, I'd take Mo. at home straight up if I were a betting man. Which I'm not. But, anything can happen in college football and UGA could win by three touchdowns without Gurley. Which is why I'm not a betting man.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.