Georgia Suspends Todd Gurley for NCAA Violations

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
When you've lived in Atlanta and had to hear about gawga for the past 15 years, you would develop those same feelings.
29 years with ATL as the home base here, their fans are hell.

I am really torn on this one. Gurley actually seems like a good guy (outside of the headbutt) so i hate this and these stupid rules for him but I do love to see dawgs suffer

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Source: NCAA violation likely to end Gurley’s season

Now, let's discuss how little Todd Gurley thinks he's worth...

I know for a fact that Gurley did a signing within the last month that included 300 autographs at $25 each. I can't reveal my sources, but they also told me Jameis Winston has done two similar signings recently. One was actually broken up by FSU officials at a hotel near campus, which was of course never made public. The second was moved further away from campus.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I know for a fact that Gurley did a signing within the last month that included 300 autographs at $25 each. I can't reveal my sources, but they also told me Jameis Winston has done two similar signings recently. One was actually broken up by FSU officials at a hotel near campus, which was of course never made public. The second was moved further away from campus.
Am I missing something? Why are FSU officials breaking up a Todd Gurley signing? Do you mean Jameis Winston?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Exactly!!!!!! One of the thing I Loved about this forum is that moderators and the other poster will protect their sources at all costs. I know if I had a source, I wouldn't give up so much info like Scoretide did...
If I was your buddy, and you posted enough info for others to figure out who I was, like you did above, I would be really ticked off.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
So... TG gets suspended and punishment to be handed down by the NCAA next week but JW is good to go? If true, heads should roll.

How reliable is your source?

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Source is 100% reliable. He told me about all the signings before they happened, and I've seen the TG products. Difference is, JW was busted by FSU officials, so it was kept hush-hush. My source lost over $2K in that deal. TG was outed by a disgruntled broker who went to the media.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What I am more interested in seeing what NCAA and FSU has to say about this situation. Will Winston sits tomorrow or next week? We'll see.
Source is 100% reliable. He told me about all the signings before they happened, and I've seen the TG products. Difference is, JW was busted by FSU officials, so it was kept hush-hush. My source lost over $2K in that deal. TG was outed by a disgruntled broker who went to the media.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
at some point these college athletes just say screw it. which is what TG probably did. Kid may have needed some cash. The NCAA is raking in millions off of players like him. and in his situation even with a suspension he knows he'll be drafted and payed in a few months even if he got caught. he probably felt as though it was a risk worth taking. when i first heard of this situation the source said there are more players involved in the SEC.. but not as much money involved

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
at some point these college athletes just say screw it. which is what TG probably did. Kid may have needed some cash. The NCAA is raking in millions off of players like him. and in his situation even with a suspension he knows he'll be drafted and payed in a few months even if he got caught. he probably felt as though it was a risk worth taking. when i first heard of this situation the source said there are more players involved in the SEC.. but not as much money involved
Greed

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
The NCAA and all their jacked up rules that allow everybody else to make money off me except me can go pound sand. If I were Georgia I'd play him anyway.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It just makes me sick that Gurley is suspended during his ongoing investigation but, Winston continues to play even though he is now under investigation again. One got some cash, the other raped someone. Only one of those is actually a crime and it's not the one who is suspended. Makes me sick. That's how screwed up the NCAA is, criminals go unpunished while petty junk like getting cash ruins your season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.