All-Inclusive Ebola thread...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: If Ebola comes to America, it's the government's fault...

Earle, you planning on keeping this thread title updated?

Will it eventually be called, "Since ebola has come to America and spread, it's the government's fault"?
Yes, I have been updating it. I appreciate your observation. I'd intended to change "If" to "Since." I'll run do it now...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Earle, you planning on keeping this thread title updated?

Will it eventually be called, "Since ebola has come to America and spread, it's the government's fault"?
Well, either I'd changed it or Randy or Brad beat me to it...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-nurse-hospital-ashamed-ebola-response/story?id=26255005

A Dallas nurse said today that the administrators of the hospital where two colleagues contracted Ebola should be “ashamed” that they asked the women to “undertake this huge, monumental task” of treating an Ebola patient without the proper equipment and training.
Aguirre described to ABC News a situation of “extreme chaos” in the isolation ward, where Ebola-infected patient Thomas Eric Duncan was treated.Aguirre entered the ward only after Duncan’s death and said she had to ask for a mop and start cleaning the floors with bleach herself when she realized no one from housekeeping was allowed to come in and clean the floors.
“The nurses were throwing their hands up and saying this is unbelievable,” she said of the isolation ward.
Aguirre also said the protocols from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were confusing and not clear. When Aguirre was given personal protective equipment that left her neck exposed, she was horrified.
“We were told, ‘You take our guidelines and you do with it what you will,’” said Aguirre of CDC guidelines. “You make a system that will effectively make this unit run.”
Aguirre said in order to take her equipment off without contaminating herself, a co-worker had to direct her to take tape off her neck without touching any of the exposed skin.
Unfortunately, her story is all too believable.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, they (at least the Texans) say everything is bigger in Tejas. Apparently that includes monumental hospital ER ignorance. They owe the rest of the country an apology for their incompetence and arrogance...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Well, they (at least the Texans) say everything is bigger in Tejas. Apparently that includes monumental hospital ER ignorance. They owe the rest of the country an apology for their incompetence and arrogance...
I am afraid that Tx Pres. is representative of a large number of hospitals/doctors/healthcare professionals across the country.

Ask anyone that works at a hospital and they will tell you that they are filthy places and that infection control is almost a joke at times (for a number of reasons ranging from an emergency situation where it's not the most important thing to lack of hand washing to shoddy cleaning). Thing is, most of the time "we" get away with it because most infections are not so deadly and most that potentially are can be treated with ABX. Nosocomial infections are an epidemic in and of themselves.

The fact that admins there did not feel the gravity of the situation is both frightening and appalling, but it is not surprising.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I am afraid that Tx Pres. is representative of a large number of hospitals/doctors/healthcare professionals across the country.

Ask anyone that works at a hospital and they will tell you that they are filthy places and that infection control is almost a joke at times (for a number of reasons ranging from an emergency situation where it's not the most important thing to lack of hand washing to shoddy cleaning). Thing is, most of the time "we" get away with it because most infections are not so deadly and most that potentially are can be treated with ABX. Nosocomial infections are an epidemic in and of themselves.

The fact that admins there did not feel the gravity of the situation is both frightening and appalling, but it is not surprising.
Yes, I've heard all of the same stuff. It'll all shake out in the law suits..

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Re: Since Ebola has come to America, its spread will be the government's fault...

So since it is becoming more clear that this was incompetence on the part of the hospital, how does it tie back into Obama actively trying to spread Ebola? Should he have forced the CDC to move this guy to one of the 4 approved institutions? Should he have trained the hospital staff himself? Should he have ordered the hospital nuked to ensure all Americans are safe?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Re: Since Ebola has come to America, its spread will be the government's fault...

What's funny is that the African nations from where this Ebola virus is emanating have decided that the best way to control it is to close their borders, and they have now done that.
The reason the politicians in DC have not closed our own borders is that it would then stop the continual flow of people that are coming across our southern border already. They want these folks to keep coming because in their minds they represent a huge future voting bloc.
We ought to know by now that the health and economic well being of our own citizens means little to nothing in their eyes.
And if you notice, I did not mention the "present administration" because it's not on their shoulders alone. The blame goes to them of course, but not them alone. Most members of Congress, the house and senate as well, need to carry their own share of the blame.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

If the infection continues to increase we will eventually pass a threshold where travel will be limited. Right or wrong it appears that most feel that we haven't reached that threshold yet.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

If the infection continues to increase we will eventually pass a threshold where travel will be limited. Right or wrong it appears that most feel that we haven't reached that threshold yet.
Already (as of Tuesday; probably higher now), 2/3 of those in an ABC News/Washington Post poll say there needs to be more restrictions on inbound travel from Ebola ravaged countries.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/220668-poll-two-thirds-back-ebola-travel-ban

Yet the White House says no. Why? Anyone want to take a stab at that one?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Already (as of Tuesday; probably higher now), 2/3 of those in an ABC News/Washington Post poll say there needs to be more restrictions on inbound travel from Ebola ravaged countries.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/220668-poll-two-thirds-back-ebola-travel-ban

Yet the White House says no. Why? Anyone want to take a stab at that one?
I cant answer your question other than saying that we shouldn't make policy based on polls. Bubba was criticized quite often about that.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

I cant answer your question other than saying that we shouldn't make policy based on polls. Bubba was criticized quite often about that.
I couldn't agree more. It's just that when you said "most" I had already heard polling data that indicated otherwise. If you'd said "most in the administration" it would have been understandable.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

What's funny is that the African nations from where this Ebola virus is emanating have decided that the best way to control it is to close their borders, and they have now done that.
The reason the politicians in DC have not closed our own borders is that it would then stop the continual flow of people that are coming across our southern border already. They want these folks to keep coming because in their minds they represent a huge future voting bloc.
We ought to know by now that the health and economic well being of our own citizens means little to nothing in their eyes.
And if you notice, I did not mention the "present administration" because it's not on their shoulders alone. The blame goes to them of course, but not them alone. Most members of Congress, the house and senate as well, need to carry their own share of the blame.
Well said.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Well, when all domestic travel via airlines has been shut down and all the airlines declare bankruptcy, we'll have to ask ourselves, was it worth keeping airline routes open to west Africa other than military/WHO/CDC planes? I think we'll know the answer rather quickly.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Can you easily tell from looking at a passport where a person has recently been and when they were there?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Reportedly by CNBC an "Ebola Czar" is about to be appointed - Ron Klain

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Well, when all domestic travel via airlines has been shut down and all the airlines declare bankruptcy, we'll have to ask ourselves, was it worth keeping airline routes open to west Africa other than military/WHO/CDC planes? I think we'll know the answer rather quickly.
Airplanes are some of the filthiest places people are forced to congregate in very tight spaces to begin with. One would think the airline industry would be one of the first, if not THE first that the government would place support in terms of passenger safety on this issue.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.